- Posts: 77
- Thank you received: 3
Best Practice for Editing Product View(s)
13 years 9 months ago #81280
by colpc
Best Practice for Editing Product View(s) was created by colpc
Hello,
Just wanted to say I finally jumped on board and purchased the Business Ver.
I`m looking forward to working with it. If you don`t mind I just wanted to see if I understand a few things correct:
In order to display the products, images, comments, etc .. that I wish,
The Only way is to Edit the .php files from the display area. There is no template per say ...
On that note, what about updating and / or migrating to new serv ? is all lost ?
Can`t we utilize template over rides ? If so, should we edit in own editor and ftp to templates dir ?
OR am I misunderstanding the concept here ?
If we edit from within your display area, how can we make NEW files or at least back up your default before the experiments begin
Thank You in advance ...
Just wanted to say I finally jumped on board and purchased the Business Ver.
I`m looking forward to working with it. If you don`t mind I just wanted to see if I understand a few things correct:
In order to display the products, images, comments, etc .. that I wish,
The Only way is to Edit the .php files from the display area. There is no template per say ...
On that note, what about updating and / or migrating to new serv ? is all lost ?
Can`t we utilize template over rides ? If so, should we edit in own editor and ftp to templates dir ?
OR am I misunderstanding the concept here ?
If we edit from within your display area, how can we make NEW files or at least back up your default before the experiments begin
Thank You in advance ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #81347
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Best Practice for Editing Product View(s)
Hi,
To customize you views, you have to use the menu HikaShop > Display > Views. Editing the views here, will create new template files in your template folder.
So if you migrate, you have your changes in your template folder. Then you can edit your files with your own editor, still in your template folder accessed by FTP.
To restore the default view, you just have to click on the dustbin in the view listing. It will erase all your changes.
To customize you views, you have to use the menu HikaShop > Display > Views. Editing the views here, will create new template files in your template folder.
So if you migrate, you have your changes in your template folder. Then you can edit your files with your own editor, still in your template folder accessed by FTP.
To restore the default view, you just have to click on the dustbin in the view listing. It will erase all your changes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds