- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
tar.gz problem with installation
- Lemon Tree
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #81318
by Lemon Tree
tar.gz problem with installation was created by Lemon Tree
I am trying to intall hika shop essential in an xampp environment, but I just get a blank screen. (Joomla 3.0.2 php 5.4.4, memory_limit 128M). Have done some quick searches, and it appears that it may be an xampp & tar.gz problem. I read that I could convert the tar.gz file to a zip file using 7zip, but I can't seem to manage to do it
Not familiar with this issue. Is it possible to get the file in .zip format, or any other suggestions?
(BTW, this is a fresh install. I am assuming I don't have to install the Starter version first??)
Thanks.
(BTW, this is a fresh install. I am assuming I don't have to install the Starter version first??)
Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Lemon Tree.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #81373
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic tar.gz problem with installation
Hi,
We have fixed an potential issue with the package download. So if you had a problem opening the tar.gz file, if the file was "corrupted", you could redownload it to fix the problem.
If your problem is a really a tar.gz issue, you can add a parameter in the download url in order to get the zip version.
Just add the "?ext=zip" at the end of your download url like:
Regards,
We have fixed an potential issue with the package download. So if you had a problem opening the tar.gz file, if the file was "corrupted", you could redownload it to fix the problem.
If your problem is a really a tar.gz issue, you can add a parameter in the download url in order to get the zip version.
Just add the "?ext=zip" at the end of your download url like:
level-starter.html?ext=zip
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemon Tree
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Lemon Tree
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 9 months ago #81558
by Lemon Tree
Replied by Lemon Tree on topic tar.gz problem with installation
Many thanks, Jerome. I tried downloading the tar.gz file again, incase the previous one was corrupted, but still got the dreaded white screen, so it looks like it is a problem with xampp and .tar.gz. Thanks for the instructions to get the zip version, which installed with no problems
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds