- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
How to change id of variant values?
- Lemon Tree
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 9 months ago #82305
by Lemon Tree
How to change id of variant values? was created by Lemon Tree
I have created a characteristic called "Paperback or Hardcover", with 2 values:
The values have been given an ID of 4 and 5, and this gets appended to the product ID. I would like to change "4" and "5" to something more meaningful such as "P" and "H". Can I do this (by editting the database perhaps), and if I do, will it break anything? Or do I have to live with "4" and "5"?
- Paperback
- Hardcover
The values have been given an ID of 4 and 5, and this gets appended to the product ID. I would like to change "4" and "5" to something more meaningful such as "P" and "H". Can I do this (by editting the database perhaps), and if I do, will it break anything? Or do I have to live with "4" and "5"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 9 months ago #82348
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to change id of variant values?
Hi,
I think that would be wise to let your variants id like that because :
- Your product's id are used by the Hikashop System
- You won't be able to change your products id with something like "P" because every id have to be an integer.
- ..
Hope this will help you.
I think that would be wise to let your variants id like that because :
- Your product's id are used by the Hikashop System
- You won't be able to change your products id with something like "P" because every id have to be an integer.
- ..
Hope this will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemon Tree
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Lemon Tree
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #82512
by Lemon Tree
Replied by Lemon Tree on topic How to change id of variant values?
Thanks, Mohamed Thelji. Yes, it does help. I learned the hard way not to change the variant ID's manually, because I lost them and had to recreate them :SMohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,
I think that would be wise to let your variants id like that because :
- Your product's id are used by the Hikashop System
- You won't be able to change your products id with something like "P" because every id have to be an integer.
- ..
Hope this will help you.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Lemon Tree.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds