- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Record Label - CD and Downloadable content
I am setting up a record label website and wish to sell albums as downloadable content or CDs. I have the business package.
What I need is one product with options for download (cheaper price) or CD (normal price)
How is it best to set this up? Is it using options or characteristics? I can't get it to work the way I was hoping
Thanks,
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To do that you have to create an option, the option could simply be CDs (yes or no) and the option has a price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's not quite what we need. The problem with that is people will probably just hit the "add to cart" button from main product listing page without seeing there are options.
Can the options be displayed on the product listing page? Or can the user be forced into choosing an option every time a product is added to the cart?
Many thanks,
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the listing the 'add to cart' button will not be displayed, but "Choose option" will be displayed, so the customer must go in the product page, and there they will see the variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hopefully this will be the last question. Our shop goes straight to Paypal (there's no shop login etc) so the shop doesn't collect a user's details. This is fine for physical transactions as Paypal sends a confirmation email and lets us know the address to post things to.
However, if we are to provide downloadable content, hikashop currently does not have the user's email address, so cannot send the download link on successful purchase.
Can Hikashop get the email detail from Paypal on successful purchase? Or can I get the user to enter their email address only at checkout without them having to register etc?
Thanks,
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
A solution could be to add a custom field in the checkout, in HikaShop > Display > Custom fields, create a field in the table "order" set it as required, by this way the customers will enter their email.
Then you will have to edit the class "order" (administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php) to change the email address for the send_mail in the save() function.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm struggling a little. I've got the email address in the table "order", called "emailaddress". I've edited administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php lines 257-264 as follows:
if(!empty($emails)) {
$mail = hikashop_get('class.mail');
if(!empty($order->customer)) {
$user_email = $order->emailaddress;
$user_name = $order->emailaddress;
}
/* $order->customer->user_email = explode(',',$emails); */
$order->customer->name= ' ';
But it's not happening. Can you please help? The access I provided earlier should still work, if you need it.
All help appreciated. Thanks,
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should try to remove the "if(!empty($emails))" condition, because I think that in your case the var $emails is empty so the following lines are not executed.
Try to add some "echo 'there ?';" to see if you execute the code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where exactly is the section which sends the email with the download link in it? I don't think it's the bit i was looking at.
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop have specific files in the media folder for the emails content.
With commercial versions of HikaShop you can see and edit the email content directly in the backend. With the starter version you should edit the file manually (you would find some threads which talk about the email override).
Download links are displayed in the email.
The order class just call the email class and load the email content before sending it.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Unfortunately that doesn't help. I need to edit the piece of code which sends the email with the download link in it, so it sends to a custom field I've created. I need to know where that piece of code is.
I do have a commercial version of Hikashop.
Many thanks,
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you would find this part of code in the emails (creation of status notification).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the HikaShop emails.
With HikaShop business, you have a menu "System > Email" (with the configuration and the payment methods).
This view would allow you to edit the email and in the emails "Order creation notification" and "Order status notification", like I just said before, you would find the code that I copy/paste.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, my client has decided to go to another provider so please close this call.
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.