- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 1
How to disable SSL when leaving checkout?
13 years 7 months ago #88964
by tidosho
How to disable SSL when leaving checkout? was created by tidosho
Hi there:
I've enabled 'Force SSL on checkout' (which works fine) but after I enter the checkout if I check on any other site link I end up stuck in HTTPS mode, rather than returning to HTTP. Is there any way to only force SSL within the checkout, but to return to HTTP everywhere else on the site?
Regards,
Martin
I've enabled 'Force SSL on checkout' (which works fine) but after I enter the checkout if I check on any other site link I end up stuck in HTTPS mode, rather than returning to HTTP. Is there any way to only force SSL within the checkout, but to return to HTTP everywhere else on the site?
Regards,
Martin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #89069
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to disable SSL when leaving checkout?
Hi,
You can use the plugin available here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...s.html?lang=en#33381
You can use the plugin available here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...s.html?lang=en#33381
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #89108
by tidosho
Replied by tidosho on topic How to disable SSL when leaving checkout?
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for this. In the end I used the Yireo SSL redirection plugin ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...rl-redirection/11326 ) which seems to work well. I switched off the HikaShop 'Force SSL in checkout' option and set Yireo to redirect all front-end pages related to the HikaShop component to SSL. Possibly slightly overkill, but it also SSL protects the HikaShop user control panel pages. Then when I click from an SSL-protected checkout page back to a marketing page, the SSL vanishes. Just like I wanted.
Regards,
Martin
Thanks for this. In the end I used the Yireo SSL redirection plugin ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...rl-redirection/11326 ) which seems to work well. I switched off the HikaShop 'Force SSL in checkout' option and set Yireo to redirect all front-end pages related to the HikaShop component to SSL. Possibly slightly overkill, but it also SSL protects the HikaShop user control panel pages. Then when I click from an SSL-protected checkout page back to a marketing page, the SSL vanishes. Just like I wanted.
Regards,
Martin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds