- Posts: 261
- Thank you received: 5
product images URL
13 years 5 months ago #97718
by Sjaak
product images URL was created by Sjaak
In Virtuemart I could use a URL to show the productimages. I have imported my shop from my VMshop but I lost my Productimages. They are not shown. Where are my productimages?
Sjaak
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97766
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic product images URL
In VM, images are normally stored locally in the folder components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/
And HikaShop import them from there. There is no external source support. In fact I don't think that you can use a URL to display product images in VM since in that case thumbnails cannot be created automatically. Are you sure that you're not talking about specifying the URL when you imported the products in VM ?
And HikaShop import them from there. There is no external source support. In fact I don't think that you can use a URL to display product images in VM since in that case thumbnails cannot be created automatically. Are you sure that you're not talking about specifying the URL when you imported the products in VM ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #97781
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic product images URL
Hello Nicolas,
When you create a new product in Virtuemart you can choose. Upload an image via the VMengine. Then images are stored in the directory you mention.
Or... fill out a field manually with a URL for the image. In both situations VM creates thumbnail images. I prefer that method because it gives more flexibility to choose where to store your files. It also gives a faster workflow when you use CSVfiles to create/adjust products
In my shop I need to load images from external parties (read servers) for certain products I sell. If that is not possible in Hikashop then I have to work around this. NOT happy
To work around this I need to manually load 100s of images to my own server. It takes much time and serverspace.
This is a serious feature request from my side.
Please tell me in which directory to load the images. AND please work on a solution for the next version of hikashop.
Sjaak
When you create a new product in Virtuemart you can choose. Upload an image via the VMengine. Then images are stored in the directory you mention.
Or... fill out a field manually with a URL for the image. In both situations VM creates thumbnail images. I prefer that method because it gives more flexibility to choose where to store your files. It also gives a faster workflow when you use CSVfiles to create/adjust products
In my shop I need to load images from external parties (read servers) for certain products I sell. If that is not possible in Hikashop then I have to work around this. NOT happy
This is a serious feature request from my side.
Please tell me in which directory to load the images. AND please work on a solution for the next version of hikashop.
Sjaak
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Sjaak. Reason: typos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97799
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic product images URL
Hi,
You can already import products in HikaShop by specifying the URL of the image.
However, for practical reasons, the images are stored locally during the import automatically.
They are stored in media/com_hikashop/upload
We won't work on such solution for next version of HikaShop even if you request it. The features for next version are already frozen.
You can already import products in HikaShop by specifying the URL of the image.
However, for practical reasons, the images are stored locally during the import automatically.
They are stored in media/com_hikashop/upload
We won't work on such solution for next version of HikaShop even if you request it. The features for next version are already frozen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97846
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic product images URL
Then how do I use a url for images. I can't find a field.
As it is now I only have the barcodesticker attached to every product, category, subcategory.
Where did my Vmimport go wrong?
Please tell me which field or table I need to use to specify a url?
Looking deeper into products. The same question goes for downloadable products. I cannot see where to put the path for a downloadable product. So I cannot see if this went OK at VMimport. Maybe this is another forumtopic?
Sjaak
As it is now I only have the barcodesticker attached to every product, category, subcategory.
Where did my Vmimport go wrong?
Please tell me which field or table I need to use to specify a url?
Looking deeper into products. The same question goes for downloadable products. I cannot see where to put the path for a downloadable product. So I cannot see if this went OK at VMimport. Maybe this is another forumtopic?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97886
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic product images URL
Nicolas
To test I uploaded one of my productimages to the directory you mentioned. It doesn't show in the shop.
Sjaak
To test I uploaded one of my productimages to the directory you mentioned. It doesn't show in the shop.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97927
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic product images URL
Ok,
I just discovered how to specify a location for images. It appears to be a dropdown in the product settings form. And this works also for downlaodables. Great. Good to know. ......But .....This asks me to do every product manually. Any suggestions for a more automated approach. I already tried the CSV import method....which didn't work. Many errors.
Sjaak
I just discovered how to specify a location for images. It appears to be a dropdown in the product settings form. And this works also for downlaodables. Great. Good to know. ......But .....This asks me to do every product manually. Any suggestions for a more automated approach. I already tried the CSV import method....which didn't work. Many errors.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98134
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic product images URL
Hi,
I did some testing. I tried to add an image to one of my products. I did that by adding the url of the image in the add image window. Nothing happened. The barcodeimage shows but not the image I want to see.
Sjaak
I did some testing. I tried to add an image to one of my products. I did that by adding the url of the image in the add image window. Nothing happened. The barcodeimage shows but not the image I want to see.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98229
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic product images URL
Hi,
In the product edition page, you have to click on add in the image part, then "Set file mode" must be "Specify file location" and the path has to be an external url.
In the product edition page, you have to click on add in the image part, then "Set file mode" must be "Specify file location" and the path has to be an external url.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds