- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Canonical URL
13 years 5 months ago #97826
by Grey64
Canonical URL was created by Grey64
Hi
What is the "Canonical URL" option for in the product settings and what should I put there and why?
If someone could explain it in easy terms I'm trying to learn this stuff:)
Sorry if this is a simple question but I searched the forum and only got hits about more detailed issues.
Cheers Graham
What is the "Canonical URL" option for in the product settings and what should I put there and why?
If someone could explain it in easy terms I'm trying to learn this stuff:)
Sorry if this is a simple question but I searched the forum and only got hits about more detailed issues.
Cheers Graham
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97878
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Canonical URL
Hi,
The Canonical URL is useful for the SEO. You can set here the address of the page from where you access the product page.
For example " yoursite.com/product/product_one "
On HikaShop you can reach a product from many menus/modules, so the url can be different. When setting an url in the canonical field, google will always use this url, so it's better for the seo.
The Canonical URL is useful for the SEO. You can set here the address of the page from where you access the product page.
For example " yoursite.com/product/product_one "
On HikaShop you can reach a product from many menus/modules, so the url can be different. When setting an url in the canonical field, google will always use this url, so it's better for the seo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds