- Posts: 261
- Thank you received: 5
downloadable products URL
13 years 5 months ago #98144
by Sjaak
downloadable products URL was created by Sjaak
Hi,
In my presales questions I asked if downloadable products could be downloaded from external servers by adding a URL. I was assured that this is possible. Last week I imported my old VM shop and I can not see where my downloadable products are.
If it is in the backend/productpage/tab files I can only see the name of the downloadable file. But I cannot see where it is. It doesn't show me the URL of the file. I don't have means to check whether things went well at import. How can I check that?
I browsed my database tables and couldn't find the table that shows the url of the downloadable files. Which table is used to store that info?
Sjaak
In my presales questions I asked if downloadable products could be downloaded from external servers by adding a URL. I was assured that this is possible. Last week I imported my old VM shop and I can not see where my downloadable products are.
If it is in the backend/productpage/tab files I can only see the name of the downloadable file. But I cannot see where it is. It doesn't show me the URL of the file. I don't have means to check whether things went well at import. How can I check that?
I browsed my database tables and couldn't find the table that shows the url of the downloadable files. Which table is used to store that info?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98207
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic downloadable products URL
Hi,
The files are in the table "#__hikashop_file" and the "file_type" should be "file".
To add an external link, in the product edition page, you have to click on add file, then for the option "Set file mode" set it to "Specify file location" and in "File path" set the file url.
The files are in the table "#__hikashop_file" and the "file_type" should be "file".
To add an external link, in the product edition page, you have to click on add file, then for the option "Set file mode" set it to "Specify file location" and in "File path" set the file url.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #98219
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic downloadable products URL
Ah I see, thank you.
In the table you mention I now see that files that need to be downloaded from an external webserver indeed show the downloadpath. That's good to see.
Files that are stored on our own webserver however do not show a downloadpath, just the filename. How is this organised? I was used to store the files in my own folderstructure on the server. It gave me full controll over files I store. Now I don't know where they are. Does hikashop use a default folder or filestoring structure?
Sjaak
In the table you mention I now see that files that need to be downloaded from an external webserver indeed show the downloadpath. That's good to see.
Files that are stored on our own webserver however do not show a downloadpath, just the filename. How is this organised? I was used to store the files in my own folderstructure on the server. It gave me full controll over files I store. Now I don't know where they are. Does hikashop use a default folder or filestoring structure?
Sjaak
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Sjaak. Reason: correcting typo's
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98333
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic downloadable products URL
They are stored in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds