Skip to main content

Assign product to a sub category, can any help?

More
13 years 5 months ago #99763 by pink100e
Hello, I am fairly new to Joomla and this is the first ecommerce project using Joomla and Hikashop. I have a question regarding assigning a product to a category. I shall do my best to explain.

I have 25,000 products and each will have a product page (the last website took a year), the categories drill down through a few levels. As a guide I have the primary 15 categories, each of those 15 may have upto 55 subcategories and then I have the products pages.

I found it very easy to arrange the categories and subcategories. BUT, when I add a product I can assign it to the top tier of category, not the sub category. On the product page (on right) I can see the product category 'product category/my main category' but I cannot further assign the subcategory for the product.

Can I do what I am trying to do?

I appreciate you taking time to read this, Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99905 by Xavier
Hi,

You have to click on the category before the desired one in the explorer, and then in the listing select the sub category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum