- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 12
let user register but disable it till approved
13 years 5 months ago #101010
by SG
let user register but disable it till approved was created by SG
Hi,
Is the following possible?
Let the user register on the site.
Once the user is registered they should NOT be able to login UNTIL someone approves the user.
The main reason is to check the details of the new customer and if they don't meet the requirements they don't get access.
It's also because the prices are only shown to logged-in users and hidden for those who are not logged-in.
Thanks.
Is the following possible?
Let the user register on the site.
Once the user is registered they should NOT be able to login UNTIL someone approves the user.
The main reason is to check the details of the new customer and if they don't meet the requirements they don't get access.
It's also because the prices are only shown to logged-in users and hidden for those who are not logged-in.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 5 months ago #101018
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic let user register but disable it till approved
Hi,
I think that you'll just have to :
- Go to "Control panel->Global configuration->system->'New User Account Activation'"
- Set it to SELF
Hope this will help you a little.
I think that you'll just have to :
- Go to "Control panel->Global configuration->system->'New User Account Activation'"
- Set it to SELF
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101256
by SG
Replied by SG on topic [solved] let user register & disable till approved
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
First of all thanks for trying to help.
Since I'm using Joomla 2.5 I had to go to:
User -> User Management -> Options (on top right)
There you have: New User Account Activation
I think you meant ADMIN cause I want the administrator to approve it first.
And it works.
I seems to work. I will test it more to see if this works exactly as the client wants to.
So yes your post helped
Thank you for that. I didn't think it was possible by default in Joomla.
(I will mark this as solved for now and come back if there are issues)
Greets
Sorry for the delay.
First of all thanks for trying to help.
Since I'm using Joomla 2.5 I had to go to:
User -> User Management -> Options (on top right)
There you have: New User Account Activation
I think you meant ADMIN cause I want the administrator to approve it first.
And it works.
I seems to work. I will test it more to see if this works exactly as the client wants to.
So yes your post helped
(I will mark this as solved for now and come back if there are issues)
Greets
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds