- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Registration not working on my site
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #102005
by jasonhr
Registration not working on my site was created by jasonhr
Hi,
I am so pleased with hika shop but I can't get past the registration form to sign people up for the affiliate scheme.
I am running Joomla 1.5.26 on a dreamhost shared server. I have Hika Shop Business version 2.1.2
When I go to register on the from end I fill in all of the fields and the captcha but when I press the register button it returns me to the registration page with no error to start again.
Please can you offer me some help with this?
I have tested this further and with Firefox it behaves as described above yet in Chrome it goes to a blank screen but it does actually register the affiliate.
I am so pleased with hika shop but I can't get past the registration form to sign people up for the affiliate scheme.
I am running Joomla 1.5.26 on a dreamhost shared server. I have Hika Shop Business version 2.1.2
When I go to register on the from end I fill in all of the fields and the captcha but when I press the register button it returns me to the registration page with no error to start again.
Please can you offer me some help with this?
I have tested this further and with Firefox it behaves as described above yet in Chrome it goes to a blank screen but it does actually register the affiliate.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by jasonhr. Reason: Additional information
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102012
by jasonhr
Replied by jasonhr on topic Registration not working on my site
Hi,
I have solved my problem but I will just do a quick write up in case anyone else has this.
What was happening was that the error messages were not showing in the correct place. This led me to try to register with an e-mail address that already existed.
I have now added the Joomla tag <jdoc:include type="message" /> just above the <jdoc:include type="component" /> tag in index.php of the template.
I now have my error messages displayed and feel a bit silly!
Hope this helps someone.
I have solved my problem but I will just do a quick write up in case anyone else has this.
What was happening was that the error messages were not showing in the correct place. This led me to try to register with an e-mail address that already existed.
I have now added the Joomla tag <jdoc:include type="message" /> just above the <jdoc:include type="component" /> tag in index.php of the template.
I now have my error messages displayed and feel a bit silly!
Hope this helps someone.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds