- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
Log In with PayPal -
13 years 4 months ago #102650
by SuzyBGood
Log In with PayPal - was created by SuzyBGood
Hi All,
Rethinking Paypal on a new site.. does anyone know if I select the Log In with PayPal option will it still store/save the users name/pwd on the Joomla/Hikashop site? Or does PayPal then keep all that user information?
Thanks for your experienced thoughts!
Suz
Rethinking Paypal on a new site.. does anyone know if I select the Log In with PayPal option will it still store/save the users name/pwd on the Joomla/Hikashop site? Or does PayPal then keep all that user information?
Thanks for your experienced thoughts!
Suz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102682
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Log In with PayPal -
Hi,
Which option "Log In with PayPal" ? We don't have this option in HikaShop.
Thanks to give us more details.
Which option "Log In with PayPal" ? We don't have this option in HikaShop.
Thanks to give us more details.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102902
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Log In with PayPal -
Hi Xavier,
The option is in the Paypal config (the options have changed since I setup our last site). I suppose I could just give it a go and see but I wondered if we'd lose all the contact info. I suppose we'd STILL need to store a shippping address anyways.
Cheers,
Susan
The option is in the Paypal config (the options have changed since I setup our last site). I suppose I could just give it a go and see but I wondered if we'd lose all the contact info. I suppose we'd STILL need to store a shippping address anyways.
Cheers,
Susan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102905
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Log In with PayPal -
Hi,
I'm not sure solution you want to use, but if you use that plugin ( www.yireo.com/software/joomla-extensions/paypal-access ) which allows the users to login on your joomla website with their paypal account, the username/password won't be stored on the website. Instead the authentication of the user will be done by contacting PayPal servers directly during the login process.
The address could then potentially be filled in HikaShop but that won't be the case by default. It would require another plugin to get the data of the address which is stored in the user session by that first plugin and then store the address data in HikaShop.
Tht could potentially be done by a third party developer.
Now maybe I didn't understand what you're talking about and you're talking about somehting else ?
I'm not sure solution you want to use, but if you use that plugin ( www.yireo.com/software/joomla-extensions/paypal-access ) which allows the users to login on your joomla website with their paypal account, the username/password won't be stored on the website. Instead the authentication of the user will be done by contacting PayPal servers directly during the login process.
The address could then potentially be filled in HikaShop but that won't be the case by default. It would require another plugin to get the data of the address which is stored in the user session by that first plugin and then store the address data in HikaShop.
Tht could potentially be done by a third party developer.
Now maybe I didn't understand what you're talking about and you're talking about somehting else ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102925
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Log In with PayPal -
Hi All,
Yeah, that is what I was asking. Thanks!
Yeah, that is what I was asking. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds