Skip to main content

Removing VAT for oders from the United States

More
13 years 4 months ago #106655 by matps
Hi There,

I've had a customer from the United States complain that we're charging them VAT when they try and order something. Is there a way to remove the VAT price when customers are ordering from the United States?

Regards,

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106659 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi Mathew,

I think that putting a zone limitation into your tax configuration will probably do the job :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106660 by matps
I tried setting 'Product tax category; for the Shipping Method but that didn't seem to work. I've taken over the handling of this website so haven't done anything with the taxes before, but I can see a 'Default tax category' with a VAT 20% from the tax view, but I'm not sure what to do from here?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106744 by Xavier
Hi,

You probably have to create a new tax rule via the menu System > Taxes, and restrict this tax to the US, set the category as "Default tax category".
By this way this rule will override the other rule for the United States and they will no more have the 20%.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #107782 by matps
Hi There,

I'm still having problems here.

So I've set up a Default tax category which has a 20% rate and a US tax category with a 0% rate. However all my products have the Product tax category set to 'Default tax category', so how can I have different Product categories (a default and a US) for each product?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #107800 by Eliot
Hi,

Actually you have to create new tax but put it in the same tax category so your product will automatically get the appropriate tax according to the customer's address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum