- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
Export a view to CSV
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #107320
by PeterChain
Export a view to CSV was created by PeterChain
I see no way that a user can export Products database to a CSV file so I though I could build a very simplified view basically field contents and comma separations and then output it to a file instead of screen.
Would this be possible? I fond many examples in the internet on how to output content to a file with PHP, but before working hard on it (hard because I'm not a coder at all) I would like to know your opinion about it and maybe, who knows, you already have a solution available for it.
All community opinions will be welcome (and from the support team also, of course).
Would this be possible? I fond many examples in the internet on how to output content to a file with PHP, but before working hard on it (hard because I'm not a coder at all) I would like to know your opinion about it and maybe, who knows, you already have a solution available for it.
All community opinions will be welcome (and from the support team also, of course).
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by PeterChain. Reason: corrected post tilte
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107361
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Export a view to CSV
You can export the products to a CSV by clicking on the "export" button of the products listing of the backend. Did you miss it or I'm not following you ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
13 years 3 months ago #107365
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Export a view to CSV
I knew, but I want any registered user (without administrator privileges) to be able to download a list of my products.
So this has to be possible from the fronted.
I thought that by designing an specific view I could select those fields I want them to have access and also solve the translation of the product_manufacturer field from a number in the products table to its corresponding name taken form the manufacturers table.
So this has to be possible from the fronted.
I thought that by designing an specific view I could select those fields I want them to have access and also solve the translation of the product_manufacturer field from a number in the products table to its corresponding name taken form the manufacturers table.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107386
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Export a view to CSV
Well, there is no option for that.
Next version of HikaShop will allow you to generate CSV files periodically and you would simply have to add a link to the generated file on your frontend.
So I would recommend to wait for it unless you're a skilled developer and do such script yourself but in that case you wouldn't need our help on how to do it...
Next version of HikaShop will allow you to generate CSV files periodically and you would simply have to add a link to the generated file on your frontend.
So I would recommend to wait for it unless you're a skilled developer and do such script yourself but in that case you wouldn't need our help on how to do it...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
13 years 3 months ago #107656
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Export a view to CSV
Can I setup which fields to output for the CSV file?
Even if it is by altering a SQL query in some file...
Even if it is by altering a SQL query in some file...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107731
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Export a view to CSV
Hi,
In the next version you will be able to select the desired fields to export.
A lot of options will be present.
In the next version you will be able to select the desired fields to export.
A lot of options will be present.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
13 years 3 months ago #107735
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Export a view to CSV
Great!
But as you expect the big question is:
When is coming new version? I have a site currently online and my client demands this feature. I can hold a week but I have to look for another solution if this has to delay a lot.
So I need an estimated timeframe. I understand saying release dates is not pleasant for developers, but sure you can say if it is mostly ready or the hardest part is still to be coded.
THANK YOU.
But as you expect the big question is:
When is coming new version? I have a site currently online and my client demands this feature. I can hold a week but I have to look for another solution if this has to delay a lot.
So I need an estimated timeframe. I understand saying release dates is not pleasant for developers, but sure you can say if it is mostly ready or the hardest part is still to be coded.
THANK YOU.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107746
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Export a view to CSV
Hi there,
The biggest part of this feature has been coded so the new version will probably be release this month
.
The biggest part of this feature has been coded so the new version will probably be release this month
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterChain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds