- Posts: 261
- Thank you received: 5
Sub category shows name of main category
13 years 3 months ago #108488
by Sjaak
Sub category shows name of main category was created by Sjaak
When I choose to visit a subcategory I can go to that category. It shows the products in that category.....no problem.
BUT on top of the page the name of the main category is shown. I can't find how to show the correct name of the chosen category on top of the category page.
Here's an example. This page shows the category 'Floor' which is a subcategory of 'Artlantisfurniture'. www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...me=floor&Itemid=1972
Thanks in advance
Sjaak
BUT on top of the page the name of the main category is shown. I can't find how to show the correct name of the chosen category on top of the category page.
Here's an example. This page shows the category 'Floor' which is a subcategory of 'Artlantisfurniture'. www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...me=floor&Itemid=1972
Thanks in advance
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108556
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sub category shows name of main category
In the HikaShop options of your menus, you need to toggle the option "Use menu name instead of category name for the title"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108600
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Sub category shows name of main category
Hi Nicolas
I tried this and it does not work.
FYI I have no menu items for my subcategories. I tested and created a menu item for a subcategory. When I decide to do this my shop menu will end up to be a very long list. And ...toggling as you advise didn't work either.
Sjaak
I tried this and it does not work.
FYI I have no menu items for my subcategories. I tested and created a menu item for a subcategory. When I decide to do this my shop menu will end up to be a very long list. And ...toggling as you advise didn't work either.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108656
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sub category shows name of main category
It's working fine for us and others. Please provide a screenshot of the options of your categories listing menu item from the link
www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...me=floor&Itemid=1972
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108696
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Sub category shows name of main category
I do not have a categories listing menu item for that category. I only have menuitems for the main categories. Like said I tried to make one for a subcategory but the result was the same.
My visitors visit the subcategories by clicking the main categories. Then on the new page they can go further to the subcategories. When they are in a subcategory the name of the main category is still shown on the page.
Do I really have to create a menu item for every category?
Sjaak
My visitors visit the subcategories by clicking the main categories. Then on the new page they can go further to the subcategories. When they are in a subcategory the name of the main category is still shown on the page.
Do I really have to create a menu item for every category?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108699
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sub category shows name of main category
No there is no need to have one menu item per category.
Now again, please provide a screenshot of the hikashop options of your categories listing menu item from the link www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...me=floor&Itemid=1972 (it's the menu item with the id 1972).
Now again, please provide a screenshot of the hikashop options of your categories listing menu item from the link www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...me=floor&Itemid=1972 (it's the menu item with the id 1972).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108707
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Sub category shows name of main category
OK,
Here it is.
Sjaak
Here it is.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108938
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sub category shows name of main category
That looks Ok.
I'm out of ideas.
Can you provide a backend access to that website via our contact form please so that I can check the settings directly ?
I'm out of ideas.
Can you provide a backend access to that website via our contact form please so that I can check the settings directly ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109006
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Sub category shows name of main category
Hi,
Solved. The title was taken from the variable 'page_heading' but in your case you was needing 'page_title'.
Solved. The title was taken from the variable 'page_heading' but in your case you was needing 'page_title'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109011
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Sub category shows name of main category
Thank you very much
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds