- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 0
page not refreshing after add to cart
13 years 3 months ago #108591
by vmrayner
page not refreshing after add to cart was created by vmrayner
I have just updated to latest Hikashop 2.1.3 and have Joomla 2.5.11
My add to cart function no longer works correctly as it did before:
See here before adding a product to cart:
You can see I have a cart in left col and a mini cart in header which just shows order total.
after I add a product, the product gets added but left cart does not update and top cart is showing incorrectly AND my top positions are mucked up
BUT if I refresh the page, everything appears as it should:
Why is this refresh not happening automatically. is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks
Viv Rayner
My add to cart function no longer works correctly as it did before:
See here before adding a product to cart:
You can see I have a cart in left col and a mini cart in header which just shows order total.
after I add a product, the product gets added but left cart does not update and top cart is showing incorrectly AND my top positions are mucked up
BUT if I refresh the page, everything appears as it should:
Why is this refresh not happening automatically. is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks
Viv Rayner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108597
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic page not refreshing after add to cart
Hi,
That's probably a cache issue, thanks to try to disable all the Joomla cache (settings + plugin) and maybe the template cache and try again.
That's probably a cache issue, thanks to try to disable all the Joomla cache (settings + plugin) and maybe the template cache and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108631
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic page not refreshing after add to cart
I cleared the cache - turns out my cache setting was not enabled.
i have discovered that it has something to do with having both carts going at once.
If I disable one, doesn't matter which, the other works fine.
But I need both, in different parts of the site.
Take a look yourself
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/srl-store
any ideas?
Viv
i have discovered that it has something to do with having both carts going at once.
If I disable one, doesn't matter which, the other works fine.
But I need both, in different parts of the site.
Take a look yourself
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/srl-store
any ideas?
Viv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108659
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic page not refreshing after add to cart
Please make sure that the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" option of the configuration is turned off as it is the case by default or the system cannot handle two cart modules refresh on the same page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #108723
by laurangeng18
Replied by laurangeng18 on topic page not refreshing after add to cart
Nicolas, I wondered if upgrading to Hikashop 2.1.3 and/or Joomla 2.5.11 (I'm leaning toward Joomla version?). In my other forum post (blank screen related to adding cart), my new website (Hikashop 2.1.3 and/or Joomla 2.5.11 ) was working fine, until recently (I believe I upgraded both). My test site which has Joomla 2.5.9 and older version of Hikashop seem to be more stable.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108731
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic page not refreshing after add to cart
The latest version of HikaShop is the most stable. I doubt that it comes from that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108797
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic page not refreshing after add to cart
Yes, that fixed it.
I set "Use AJAX when possible
for add to cart buttons" to "No" under advanced settings and the cart now operates as expected.
Thank you
Viv
I set "Use AJAX when possible
for add to cart buttons" to "No" under advanced settings and the cart now operates as expected.
Thank you
Viv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds