- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 3
Custom field, set to required
- simonkloostra
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 3 months ago #109869
by simonkloostra
Custom field, set to required was created by simonkloostra
I would like to make people choose between left and right using a single selection list, and I need them to force them to make a selection. See screen print for how I aim to achieve this, offering them 3 choices, of which the default option is disabled.
However, the default option is accepted when placing an order. How can I achieve this?
I know that I can force users with a radio-button list, but I need this to work for single selection lists, as there are more fields I want to add, with more options.
However, the default option is accepted when placing an order. How can I achieve this?
I know that I can force users with a radio-button list, but I need this to work for single selection lists, as there are more fields I want to add, with more options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonkloostra
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 3
13 years 3 months ago #109871
by simonkloostra
Replied by simonkloostra on topic Custom field, set to required
This is testing on a localhost, so I cannot supply a link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109873
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom field, set to required
You should have the Waarde field of your Kies value empty in your custom field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonkloostra
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 3
13 years 3 months ago #109877
by simonkloostra
Replied by simonkloostra on topic Custom field, set to required
That's what I did earlier, but even when leaving the field blank, it automatically chooses the first value as the default one, see an attachment of a sample of what happens.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109897
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom field, set to required
You completely removed the Kies value from the dropdown. That's not what I said.
I said that you should still have it, and still selected by default, but with an empty Waarde value.
I said that you should still have it, and still selected by default, but with an empty Waarde value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simonkloostra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonkloostra
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 3
13 years 3 months ago #109904
by simonkloostra
Replied by simonkloostra on topic Custom field, set to required
OK, now I see, thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds