additional field on product - essentials
13 years 3 months ago #110348
by markV
additional field on product - essentials was created by markV
Hi
I have added a custom field to a product to show additional information about some of our products, (such as "unsuitable for children under 36 months" or "100% cotton"), and this is showing up ok but in a position that is not where I want it to, i.e. above the product info. I would like to move it to below the info and possibly remove it if there is no additional info about a product. Can you tell me how to find the actual php page that is actually building the product page so I can swap the positions around and possibly only display this extra info if there is actually any actual info. I am assuming I can use an if() statement to only show this heading if there is content to be displayed.
Cheers
Mark
I have added a custom field to a product to show additional information about some of our products, (such as "unsuitable for children under 36 months" or "100% cotton"), and this is showing up ok but in a position that is not where I want it to, i.e. above the product info. I would like to move it to below the info and possibly remove it if there is no additional info about a product. Can you tell me how to find the actual php page that is actually building the product page so I can swap the positions around and possibly only display this extra info if there is actually any actual info. I am assuming I can use an if() statement to only show this heading if there is content to be displayed.
Cheers
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110349
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic additional field on product - essentials
Hi,
You can do that in the "show_default" view file that you can edit via the menu Display->Views.
The piece of code which displays the custom product fields is:
Note that this code mainly calls the sub view file show_block_custom_main which is in charge of the display of the custom product fields area.
You can do that in the "show_default" view file that you can edit via the menu Display->Views.
The piece of code which displays the custom product fields is:
Code:
<?php
if(!empty($this->fields)){
$this->setLayout('show_block_custom_main');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
?>
Note that this code mainly calls the sub view file show_block_custom_main which is in charge of the display of the custom product fields area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markV
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110352
by markV
Replied by markV on topic additional field on product - essentials
I will have a play around with the
><div id="hikashop_product_custom_info_main" class="hikashop_product_custom_info_main">
<h4><?php echo JText::_('SPECIFICATIONS');?></h4>
and see the best way to lay this out.
Many thanks
Mark
><div id="hikashop_product_custom_info_main" class="hikashop_product_custom_info_main">
<h4><?php echo JText::_('SPECIFICATIONS');?></h4>
and see the best way to lay this out.
Many thanks
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds