- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
Duplicate content with canonical URL?
13 years 2 months ago #113081
by Woxxx
Duplicate content with canonical URL? was created by Woxxx
Hi,
I´m using canonical URL´s for every product to avoid SEO penalty. When I´m crawling my website with User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 / Sistrix I get advice of duplicate content for all products. Is this normal? I was reading an article support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139394 . This is why I´m not shure if google recognize the URL´s as cannonical or not.
Thank you.
I´m using canonical URL´s for every product to avoid SEO penalty. When I´m crawling my website with User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 / Sistrix I get advice of duplicate content for all products. Is this normal? I was reading an article support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139394 . This is why I´m not shure if google recognize the URL´s as cannonical or not.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113099
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate content with canonical URL?
Hi,
If you set canonical URLs in your products, you won't get duplicate content issues on product pages ( as long as you cleared your website cache after setting the canonical URLs ).
You can however potentially get duplicate URLs issues on other pages.
For example, if you display a joomla article via two different links.
You can usually check on that with Google's webmaster tools.
If you set canonical URLs in your products, you won't get duplicate content issues on product pages ( as long as you cleared your website cache after setting the canonical URLs ).
You can however potentially get duplicate URLs issues on other pages.
For example, if you display a joomla article via two different links.
You can usually check on that with Google's webmaster tools.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113268
by Woxxx
Replied by Woxxx on topic Duplicate content with canonical URL?
Thank you Nicolas. In google webmaster tools it looks fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds