- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 1
Updating all related procucts when new product add
13 years 2 months ago #114203
by Duchesne
Updating all related procucts when new product add was created by Duchesne
Can anyone tell me how can all the products of a certain category be updated in the Related Product section when a new product is added. Every time I add a product, I must go to the other products and add that new product in the Related Product section. Is there a way for the new product to be added automatically to the other related products?
Best regards,
Den
Best regards,
Den
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114252
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Hi Den,
If you have the last Hikashop version, the mass action feature will be perfect for this job.
Just create a new mass action (System>mass action) of type product, choose a trigger like "onAfterProductCreate".
Add a filter to select only the product in your category and finally add an action to move the product to your related product section.
I hope it helped
If you have the last Hikashop version, the mass action feature will be perfect for this job.
Just create a new mass action (System>mass action) of type product, choose a trigger like "onAfterProductCreate".
Add a filter to select only the product in your category and finally add an action to move the product to your related product section.
I hope it helped
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114299
by Duchesne
Replied by Duchesne on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Hi Eliot,
Thank you for your reply and advice. I do not know how to use Mass Action. Would you mind giving me the exact step by step procedure? I don't know if you can be more explicit than what you've already given me, but anything more would be much appreciated. There is no documentation for mass action.
I don't understand "Type Product" and "Trigger". I didn't see an area for type product. Is trigger the filter?
Thanks again for your help. Please excuse my novice stature.
All the best,
Den
Thank you for your reply and advice. I do not know how to use Mass Action. Would you mind giving me the exact step by step procedure? I don't know if you can be more explicit than what you've already given me, but anything more would be much appreciated. There is no documentation for mass action.
I don't understand "Type Product" and "Trigger". I didn't see an area for type product. Is trigger the filter?
Thanks again for your help. Please excuse my novice stature.
All the best,
Den
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114315
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Hi Den,
First, here is a link to the mass action documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...massaction-form.html
By type product I meant you have to choose "product" in the "data" fieldset.
Trigger refer to the first part of the mass action, it means the action you defined will be executed every time you pass by the trigger. For example, with "after a product is created", the action defined will processed every time you create a product.
First, here is a link to the mass action documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...massaction-form.html
By type product I meant you have to choose "product" in the "data" fieldset.
Trigger refer to the first part of the mass action, it means the action you defined will be executed every time you pass by the trigger. For example, with "after a product is created", the action defined will processed every time you create a product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114325
by Duchesne
Replied by Duchesne on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Thanks Eliot,
I'll try it. By the way, the link you sent for the documentation does not work.
Den
I'll try it. By the way, the link you sent for the documentation does not work.
Den
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114416
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Hi,
This article of the documentation is not yet available because it is not completly finished.
We are working on it and we will publish the article as soon as possible.
Regards,
This article of the documentation is not yet available because it is not completly finished.
We are working on it and we will publish the article as soon as possible.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 days ago #335930
by dvddvd
Replied by dvddvd on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Hello Jerome,
I try to relate products that have the same product_name, is there a way to automate this action through massaction?
Thanks
I try to relate products that have the same product_name, is there a way to automate this action through massaction?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 2 days ago #335941
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Updating all related procucts when new product add
Hi,
Not really.
You'll need a developer to work on that and a mass action won't really help. It would be better to have him develop a custom plugin to do that.
Not really.
You'll need a developer to work on that and a mass action won't really help. It would be better to have him develop a custom plugin to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvddvd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds