- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115224
by Huski
Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working was created by Huski
upgraded to version 2.2.0 and now Austraia Post is not working - it shows the shipping methods but it won't let you select one. It seems to do something then just goes back to the list of shipping methods. I don't remember touching anything on Australia Post?
Any ideas. www.ecomad.com.au/shop-categories/17-draught-seals
Also, the layout of he shipping methods has also changed - why has it done this? I also have a description in for Australia Post which says there is a postage and handling fee but this is no longer showing either.
I have had a number of clients who luckily told me about his but how many sales would be lost as a result?
Any ideas. www.ecomad.com.au/shop-categories/17-draught-seals
Also, the layout of he shipping methods has also changed - why has it done this? I also have a description in for Australia Post which says there is a postage and handling fee but this is no longer showing either.
I have had a number of clients who luckily told me about his but how many sales would be lost as a result?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Huski.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115315
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
Hi,
I've done some tests through your website and my question is : Did you change some file of your checkout view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views" ?
Edit
After some other tests I think that editing the file hikashop\components\com_hikashop\controllers\checkout.php, and changing this line :
by :
And this line :
by
I've done some tests through your website and my question is : Did you change some file of your checkout view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views" ?
Edit
After some other tests I think that editing the file hikashop\components\com_hikashop\controllers\checkout.php, and changing this line :
Code:
$shipping = JRequest::getString('hikashop_shippings', null);
Code:
$shipping = JRequest::getString('hikashop_shippings', '');
And this line :
Code:
if($shipping != implode(';', array_keys($cart->shipping_groups))) {
Code:
if($shipping != implode(';', array_keys($cart->shipping_groups)) && !(empty($shipping) && implode(';', array_keys($cart->shipping_groups)) == '0')) {
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115385
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
yes - I have made changes to some parts of the checkout process but a long time ago. So each time there is an update, is this going to break and i am going to spend time checking over the shop?
FIXED: I have changed code as per above and it seems to be working ok now.
NOT FIXED: But the update has caused the shipping and payment modules layout to change from what it was. It looks terrible now.
NOT FIXED: The description I have for the Australia Post shipping which says that there is a $4.00 shipping an handling fee is not showing. I am also updating my site to Joomla 3 locally and the description
is not showing here either.
BUG: Under Checkout - Shipping and Payment - there is the option to choose "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection". When I select the postal method it automatically goes to the payment page.
But when I select a payment it doesn't automatically move to the next page. I have the Terms and Conditions check box here and before the update, if I chose Paypal, it would try to go to the next page but instead come up with an error message saying to agree to Terms and Condtions. This was good. Now it will only show this if I click the next button.
FIXED: I have changed code as per above and it seems to be working ok now.
NOT FIXED: But the update has caused the shipping and payment modules layout to change from what it was. It looks terrible now.
NOT FIXED: The description I have for the Australia Post shipping which says that there is a $4.00 shipping an handling fee is not showing. I am also updating my site to Joomla 3 locally and the description
is not showing here either.
BUG: Under Checkout - Shipping and Payment - there is the option to choose "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection". When I select the postal method it automatically goes to the payment page.
But when I select a payment it doesn't automatically move to the next page. I have the Terms and Conditions check box here and before the update, if I chose Paypal, it would try to go to the next page but instead come up with an error message saying to agree to Terms and Condtions. This was good. Now it will only show this if I click the next button.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Huski.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago #115463
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
Hi,
I've done some tests and everything seems to be ok for your shipping method, but regarding your payment method selection, did you edited the "payment" file of your "checkout" view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views" ? If yes, can you :
1. Save your changes through a text file
2. Revert your Payment file changes through the trash icon
3. Test it and tell me if it works without you customization.
I've done some tests and everything seems to be ok for your shipping method, but regarding your payment method selection, did you edited the "payment" file of your "checkout" view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views" ? If yes, can you :
1. Save your changes through a text file
2. Revert your Payment file changes through the trash icon
3. Test it and tell me if it works without you customization.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115466
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
It does work for both shipping and payment Views when I revert back to original.
But it still has the problems with layout - with or without my customization unless cache needs to be cleared first.
In Joomla 2.5 the layout doesn't look good now - so I need to customize again (time which I don't have)
On my Joomla 3.0 local version the layout with the same customizations I have for shipping and payment views looks fine - just needs a little tweaking.
But it still has the problems with layout - with or without my customization unless cache needs to be cleared first.
In Joomla 2.5 the layout doesn't look good now - so I need to customize again (time which I don't have)
On my Joomla 3.0 local version the layout with the same customizations I have for shipping and payment views looks fine - just needs a little tweaking.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115521
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
Ok,
but if you needs help customizing your layout you can maybe just ask and explain what you really want
.
but if you needs help customizing your layout you can maybe just ask and explain what you really want
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115533
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
Thats fine but I already had the customization (for almost 1 year now) and the latest update has broken my customization so now I need to remember what I did and try and fix it.
And if I fix it, will it happen again when there is another update?
And if I fix it, will it happen again when there is another update?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago #115535
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Version 2.2.0 - Australia Post not working
This update was a big one and we had to add some code through the shipping and payment file of the checkout views like for example :
I don't think that you'll have to "fix it" for each update but if we add some features like in the previous update which require the modification of these file, yes you'll maybe have to re-adapt your changes.
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="hikashop_shippings" value="<?php echo implode(';', array_keys($this->shipping_groups)); ?>"/>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds