- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Question on geolocation and tax rules
13 years 1 month ago #117763
by shifty_
Question on geolocation and tax rules was created by shifty_
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.9
Just wondering if it's possible to apply a tax rate using the geolocation plugin?
I am setting up a website in Australia which needs to charge a Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10% to all local purchases - but all other countries are exempt.
Majority of sales will be in Australia, so I need it to be optimised/tailored for local business.
I have set up a rate of 10%, am using the default tax category and have setup a tax rule to apply to the Australia zone only.
But when I view the product it shows me the price without GST. It's not until I login (with an Austrlaian address specified) that it updates and shows me the GST inclusive price.
Also, in my product it has 2 prices (one with and one without tax) but both prices show me the same figure. Do I have to set a default zone somewhere so it shows me the correct with and without tax prices?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
shifty_
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.9
Just wondering if it's possible to apply a tax rate using the geolocation plugin?
I am setting up a website in Australia which needs to charge a Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10% to all local purchases - but all other countries are exempt.
Majority of sales will be in Australia, so I need it to be optimised/tailored for local business.
I have set up a rate of 10%, am using the default tax category and have setup a tax rule to apply to the Australia zone only.
But when I view the product it shows me the price without GST. It's not until I login (with an Austrlaian address specified) that it updates and shows me the GST inclusive price.
Also, in my product it has 2 prices (one with and one without tax) but both prices show me the same figure. Do I have to set a default zone somewhere so it shows me the correct with and without tax prices?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
shifty_
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117810
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Question on geolocation and tax rules
Hi,
The geolocation plugin don't manage the taxes.
To have Australia as default zone, you have to select it in Config > Main > Tax > "Main tax zone".
The geolocation plugin don't manage the taxes.
To have Australia as default zone, you have to select it in Config > Main > Tax > "Main tax zone".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds