- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Structured Data / Rich Snippets for Articles
- BlueDragon
-
Topic Author
- Offline
As far as I could find out HikaShop does NOT support any strutured data natively (and I also did not find any joomla extension which would work with Hikashop).
If this assumption is correct could this feature please be implemented in a future version?
The idea is to have google use the various information in the HikaShop and displaying them as rich snippets or in the images links in the search results.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is already a plugin installed by default in HikaShop for that.
You just need to activated it via the joomla plugins manager.
It is called "HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin"
Microdata is a standard markup format for structured data/rich snippets.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BlueDragon
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
So I will definitely start to build up that new site with HikaShop and looking forward to test that all these crazy features!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've been running this plugin for about a month now and Webmaster Tools still says I don't have structured data. I even submitted a new sitemap and asked Google to fetch the product pages again about two weeks ago. Any idea why?
Luke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best is to have a link to your website in order to check if the microdata is right there.
There is a google tool which allow you to check manually a page for the "schema".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
notascratch.com/custom-5/product/191-iphone-5-custom-photo
Thanks so much for helping
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
Something wrong ?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...t&extension_id=10109
I can assure you that the plugin exists. lukehold himself is using it on his website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
Where or how I could get it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
One of the solution can be to download the last version of Hikashop though our website, and install it. Else here is the last version of the HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
Still no plugin anywhere. I still have 36 plugins vs 38 on your demo back end
When I uncompressed the plugin that you sent to me, it's not "microdata..." plugin but product tag plugin.
Is it the same ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please provide a screenshot of your joomla "system" plugins using the filter "hikashop".
The plugin codename is "hikashopproducttag" it is possible that during the installation, the name is not right copied so you couldn't find it using the keyword "microdata".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 0
But is this all I have to do? It works automatically? Is there any advice on what should be done on the product pages to optimize its use?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sure, you'll just have to enable this plugin to make it work automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I enabled this plus in on my website but it does not show on the public side, I have a custom theme so it's probably because of that, where can I get the code that needs to go into the products pages to allow the customer to rate the product?
thanks
Claire
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am sorry but I don't think I understood your question.
If you want to activate the votes, it's in the configuration
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...g.html#features_vote
But at this moment your question will be very far from the subject of this thread. So please open a new thread for new questions.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.