- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 2
order-dependent form
13 years 2 weeks ago #123366
by Erik09
order-dependent form was created by Erik09
Hi,
Besides downloadables (ebooks), I wil also start offering some physical goods soon. Obviously I will need address-info for shipment.
However if someone only orders an ebook, I don't want them to have to input all their address-info. Is there an easy way to make the form order-dependent?
Thanks,
Erik
Besides downloadables (ebooks), I wil also start offering some physical goods soon. Obviously I will need address-info for shipment.
However if someone only orders an ebook, I don't want them to have to input all their address-info. Is there an easy way to make the form order-dependent?
Thanks,
Erik
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 weeks ago #123380
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic order-dependent form
Hi,
If you add a weight/dimensions to your physical goods, and that your customer add one of these products to his cart, he will have to add his shipping address.
But what do you exactly mean when you say :
If you add a weight/dimensions to your physical goods, and that your customer add one of these products to his cart, he will have to add his shipping address.
But what do you exactly mean when you say :
I don't want them to have to input all their address-info.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123381
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic order-dependent form
Hi Erik,
The registration form included Hikashop is the joomla's one and the address fields are simply Hikashop custom fields as you may know. The main problem is that if a registration type is defined, with required fields, it will be hard to avoid the checking process. What I suggest you is to make the address field not required. So if people order a digital product, they don't have to give their address, and if they order a real product, they will have the possibility to.
The registration form included Hikashop is the joomla's one and the address fields are simply Hikashop custom fields as you may know. The main problem is that if a registration type is defined, with required fields, it will be hard to avoid the checking process. What I suggest you is to make the address field not required. So if people order a digital product, they don't have to give their address, and if they order a real product, they will have the possibility to.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
13 years 2 weeks ago #123682
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic order-dependent form
The only downside of course is you may get several orders a week that are missing delivery info because the fields were optional, which could be an administrative hassle. It also would be problematic if you are doing calculated shipping.
To avoid this, you could have a developer add a bit of custom JavaScript to the order form so when shipping is required, those fields will be validated to make sure they are filled in, and when shipping is not required, they will remain optional.
To avoid this, you could have a developer add a bit of custom JavaScript to the order form so when shipping is required, those fields will be validated to make sure they are filled in, and when shipping is not required, they will remain optional.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #123901
by Erik09
Replied by Erik09 on topic order-dependent form
Thank you all for your suggestions. I have been playing with weight/dimension settings (as Mohamed suggested), hoping that the script would only ask for address-details when shipping is needed. No luck 
So right now I think the only option I have is to force every buyer to include their address-info.
I really think the digital goods/downloadables capabilities of Hikashop could (should) be improved. First of, buyers of digital goods should be enabled to checkout without being forced to register (Joomla account). Secondly - and this is what this thread is about - the script should be able to distinguish between 'mixed-purchases' and 'purely digital-goods-purchases'. In the latter case the address-fields & shipping options could be skipped.
Cheers,
Erik
So right now I think the only option I have is to force every buyer to include their address-info.
I really think the digital goods/downloadables capabilities of Hikashop could (should) be improved. First of, buyers of digital goods should be enabled to checkout without being forced to register (Joomla account). Secondly - and this is what this thread is about - the script should be able to distinguish between 'mixed-purchases' and 'purely digital-goods-purchases'. In the latter case the address-fields & shipping options could be skipped.
Cheers,
Erik
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Erik09.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Champagneman
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds