- Posts: 77
- Thank you received: 3
Points Update ?
I see we have a new user points plugin. I was unable to find anything that relates to what we spoke about on restricting
usage of points on per category or something ? is this still being worked on or am I missing it ?
Upon going into the plugin >> hikashop options, this simply is blank with an option to create new>>
when you select that, it only shows the other plugins ( ie: mass actions etc ..) What am I missing here?
Could you provide a small example of what these new features actually offer and how to utilize?
As I said, for me; I want to allow people to use points for MOST purchases, but yet NOT allow points as payment for certain ones..
If by means of product ID, category, whatever I dont care, just a way to do it.. thanks as always....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is something working. We made the first implementation for a client and we integrate it in HikaShop.
We didn't have the time to write some documentation about it and I have update the HikaShop menu for providing an easier access to the point interface.
There are two plugins for the user points.
* One plugin for using points (a payment plugin, which is listed with other payment methods).
* One plugin for earn points (a HikaShop plugin, which is accessible via the plugin listing).
This plugin listing does not have a direct menu (yet).
While accessing to the payment plugins using :
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=plugins&plugin_type=payment
You can access to the generic plugins using :
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=plugins&plugin_type=plugin
At this moment you will be able to create (new) configurations for the "user points" plugin and configure how you want your users gain points.
This new system is much more flexible than the previous one. Because you can configure a lot of different rules for using and earning points, depending on the products, categories, user groups, etc.
The plugin is compatible with AlphaUserPoints and native HikaShop system.
To use this internal system, you have to create a "user custom field" with the column name "user_points". Use the type "text" and don't let the access to the field to the user in the front-end.
The plugin will use this field to store the number of points of the users. You will be able to read and modify this value in the HikaShop backend. I know that not a very clean interface but it something "temporally" before the release of HikaPoints.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But now I noticed that people can NOT buy points after this update..
We have a few products for points in their own category, these categories are setup in the " alphauser points plugin ", to hand out the specific amount of points for each.
This is a major problem for us, our customers need to be able to buy points.
We dont mind having to do it in a new way with yours, but we have to be able to sell points now!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
losing this ability on the sites we upgraded to the latest greatest version of hikashop is really hurting us BIGTIME $$ wise...
(I work with colpc, the op above) and just wanted to chime in!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The alpha user points plugin is still there.
And it is possible to sell points using the new plugins. Like I said it is something working and I explained how access to its configuration.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
It "seems" to kinda work when you use points to buy points but not when you use a credit card (no alpha points get added after an order for points is confirmed)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can post a screenshot of your configuration, it will be a good start
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
colpc wrote: Hope this tells you something ..
Hi,
It told me that it is a shipping plugin configuration and we are talking about the user point system.
After that, my previous message was for IMspintheweb.
You can also provide a screenshot of your user points configuration but I don't see why you are posting a shipping configuration...
I'm completely lost
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
sorry
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Much better.
And I suppose you have products in categories "175 points", "70 points", etc. Right ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However I think we fixed it. or at least for now..
Now this may sound odd, but I setup YOUR hika user points plugin, made it the default, added the custom field etc ...
THAN went and made the alpha user points default and things worked. IE: we were able to purchase points and the system delivered.
I know it sounds weird but while waiting figured worth a try .. Any thoughts on that ?
In additon previously you spoke of many new options.. in our case being able to restricted which products or categories
points can be used as a payment option. Is this portion still being developed ? or is it here already someplace ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We split the system in two plugins.
One for gain/earn points :
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...=plugin&subtask=edit
The other to use them:
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...payment&subtask=edit
The interfaces are not very clean but the system is working. We have several sites who migrate from AUP to this one.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.