- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 1
Remote FTP for digital goods
I want to sell digital goods stored in a private FTP Server protected -ofcourse- by password (NOT an anonymous server!)
How do I configure Hikashop to use this setting a for "Upload secure folder" ?
I've tried : ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@FTP.SERVER.COM/ but it didn't work
Please HELP!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files
You have to specify a path in the same server.Upload secure folder : Folder in which the products files will be uploaded to.
Please make sure this folder is writable otherwise HikaShop won't be able to upload your files in it. We recommend to put this folder outside your joomla installation folder. That way, if your website is hacked, you have more chances that the products files won't be changed. By default the folder is inside the Joomla installation folder but protected with an .htaccess to prevent access via the web. Only possible access will be via FTP,SSH or PHP.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm asking this because I have a big storage server with only ftp access on one IP and a web server on another IP address.
Interconnection is impossible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can't use HikaShop to upload on your other server.
What you have to do is to upload your files on your other server, and make a plugin for HikaShop to link to this other server.
It require good php knowledge.
If you need, you can post a request on our commercial jobs section of this forum, or ask to a third developer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.