Non Related categories added to product SEF URL
12 years 8 months ago #138491
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Non Related categories added to product SEF URL was created by sambob
EG:
www.lumieres.com.au/home/product/show/10...milparinka-old-ruins
www.lumieres.com.au/outback/product/show...milparinka-old-ruins
www.lumieres.com.au/paris/product/show/1...milparinka-old-ruins
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- :5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
Happy New Year Hikashop:
I am having an issue with products' urls being generated from multiple menus (I think that is it) and so a product will have urls generated from non related menu's. Not hust a few, but 100's.
Am I right in guessing that I have (early in my Hikashop experience) incrrectly created menu or modules (or assigned them incorrectly?
If that is the case, how do i determine the issue.
Or, if that is not the case, what is the issue?
www.lumieres.com.au/home/product/show/10...milparinka-old-ruins
www.lumieres.com.au/outback/product/show...milparinka-old-ruins
www.lumieres.com.au/paris/product/show/1...milparinka-old-ruins
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- :5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
Happy New Year Hikashop:
I am having an issue with products' urls being generated from multiple menus (I think that is it) and so a product will have urls generated from non related menu's. Not hust a few, but 100's.
Am I right in guessing that I have (early in my Hikashop experience) incrrectly created menu or modules (or assigned them incorrectly?
If that is the case, how do i determine the issue.
Or, if that is not the case, what is the issue?
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 8 months ago #138675
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Non Related categories added to product SEF URL
Hi,
Can you give me more information about you issue, like from where are you trying to access to your products ? a module ? a menu ?
Can you give me more information about you issue, like from where are you trying to access to your products ? a module ? a menu ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #138677
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Non Related categories added to product SEF URL
Hi Mohamed, thanks for your reply.
The site: www.lumieres.com.au
I have created menus for each category and with JoomSEF I have created the same url's for the menu and the category link - but only have the menu one active.
But, looking into this further, it seems those erroneous urls are only being created for specific categories: eg
www.lumieres.com.au/outback-buildings-photography.html
The site: www.lumieres.com.au
I have created menus for each category and with JoomSEF I have created the same url's for the menu and the category link - but only have the menu one active.
But, looking into this further, it seems those erroneous urls are only being created for specific categories: eg
www.lumieres.com.au/outback-buildings-photography.html
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #138819
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Non Related categories added to product SEF URL
Hi,
I think that you have menus/modules which are listing all the products or things like that, that's why one product have many different urls to reach it.
In great shop, it's a common thing, one product is potentially in many categories so have many links.
In what is that really a problem ? If it's regarding the SEF, you can set a Canonical URL in the product edition page to have only one link used by the google robots (or not google ones
)
I think that you have menus/modules which are listing all the products or things like that, that's why one product have many different urls to reach it.
In great shop, it's a common thing, one product is potentially in many categories so have many links.
In what is that really a problem ? If it's regarding the SEF, you can set a Canonical URL in the product edition page to have only one link used by the google robots (or not google ones
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds