- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
Gamification / Gamifying Hikashop
12 years 8 months ago #139671
by ourblok
Gamification / Gamifying Hikashop was created by ourblok
Hey All. We're brand new to Hikashop Business and Hikamarket Multivendor. Out of the box, it has way more features than we had anticipated. We're very excited to get this going.
One thing we noticed was the option for badges and we immediately thought of Gamification. As it turns out, the badges are badges in more of a literal sense (i.e., an image of a badge over a product)... which is still very cool, but does not gamify the user experience.
I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience Gamifying an e-commerce site and what was your experience with it? Has anyone Gamfied a Hikashop site? Is the gamification concept as it pertains to e-commerce a good idea, or is it just a gimmicky marketing ploy? Food for thought. I'm not sure if a gamification plugin for Hikashop is worth development time, but I think there is definitely a market for it. In any case, there's enough out of the box with this product to keep me busy for a long time. It's great stuff.
That's all.
One thing we noticed was the option for badges and we immediately thought of Gamification. As it turns out, the badges are badges in more of a literal sense (i.e., an image of a badge over a product)... which is still very cool, but does not gamify the user experience.
I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience Gamifying an e-commerce site and what was your experience with it? Has anyone Gamfied a Hikashop site? Is the gamification concept as it pertains to e-commerce a good idea, or is it just a gimmicky marketing ploy? Food for thought. I'm not sure if a gamification plugin for Hikashop is worth development time, but I think there is definitely a market for it. In any case, there's enough out of the box with this product to keep me busy for a long time. It's great stuff.
That's all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139678
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Gamification / Gamifying Hikashop
Hi,
I know that AlphaUserPoints (a points extension for Joomla) has a medals system in it. So maybe you would be able to do what you want with that ?
I know that AlphaUserPoints (a points extension for Joomla) has a medals system in it. So maybe you would be able to do what you want with that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds