Skip to main content

Inventory management

More
12 years 7 months ago #145874 by tholar
Inventory management was created by tholar
Hi
Is it possible to use HikaShop for simple Inventory management.

Let me explain, lets say I have a depot with 10 different products, when I ships an order I want to decrease the stock amount according to the shipped products. And the tricky part if I receive products from my supplier I want the stock amount to increase. Furthermore I want to decreas stock with damaged goods.

My approach would be to create 3 shops sharing products, one shop for shipped, one for damged and one for received products. The reason for different shops for damaged and shipped is diffent packaging units.

Shop one - Create an order reflecting the products packed and shipped, every product unit is e.g. 12 and stock is decreased accordingly (THAT PART IS NO PROBLEM :) )

Shop two - Create an order reflecting the products received, every product unit is also e.g. 12 and stock is incresed accordingly

Shop three - Create an order reflecting the products damaged, every product unit is 1 and stock is decreased accordingly

I hope my attempt to explain is making any sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145894 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Inventory management
Hi,
I don't think that you'll have a problem with the shop 1 and 3, but for the shop 2, you won't be able to increase your product stock regarding the number of products received without doing it manually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226257 by mardhiah
Replied by mardhiah on topic Inventory management
Will you please guide me on how to add damaged goods to my inventory?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226298 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Inventory management
Hello,

You'll just have to manually create products via "Hikashop->Products" or directly updates one of your products and raise it quantity by 1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226318 by mardhiah
Replied by mardhiah on topic Inventory management
Yes, but where do I raise the quantity at for damaged products?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226336 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Inventory management
Hi,

I don't understand your question.
When you create or edit a product, you can find a "quantity" field. There, you can set/modify the quantity of the product, whether the product is damaged or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226388 by mardhiah
Replied by mardhiah on topic Inventory management
I need a separate quantity field for me to add the damaged products. If i were to use the default 'quantity' field found in the products page, it is used for the useable and sellable products. Am i right? I cant be adding the damaged goods to the 'quantity' field for the sellable products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226528 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Inventory management
Hi,

So you potentially have to create a custom product field of text type.
That way you can fill the damaged goods quantity without changing the useable and sellable product stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226545 by mardhiah
Replied by mardhiah on topic Inventory management
unfortunately I am using the starter pack. Is there any other ways?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #226561 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Inventory management
Hi,

To extends products features ; custom fields are the best solution.
Please note that function is provided by all commercial HikaShop edition which start with HikaShop essential.

If you want to stay with HikaShop starter ; the other solution is to create custom plugin.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum