- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Meta Description On Registered Only Pages
12 years 5 months ago #151544
by davec
Meta Description On Registered Only Pages was created by davec
I have a site which is currently live. The products and categories are restricted to registered users only. If I go to a category the meta description is always the one I have set up in the main Joomla 3 config. Once logged in of course then anything I configured in a Hikashop category is shown.
I also tried to set this in the menu meta descriptions but get the same result.
Is there a way to show the category meta description without being logged in?
Dave
I also tried to set this in the menu meta descriptions but get the same result.
Is there a way to show the category meta description without being logged in?
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151671
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Meta Description On Registered Only Pages
Hi,
If the display is restricted, so the HikaShop data will not be loaded, the meta have to be set in the Joomla options of the menu.
The metadata should logically be displayed, but if it's not I think that it's more a Joomla problem than a HikaShop one.
If the display is restricted, so the HikaShop data will not be loaded, the meta have to be set in the Joomla options of the menu.
The metadata should logically be displayed, but if it's not I think that it's more a Joomla problem than a HikaShop one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151820
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Meta Description On Registered Only Pages
Thanks for the reply
I do also have this piece of code in the category view template
note sure if that would make a difference as such!
I will search Joomla forums and perhaps raise a question there.
Dave
I do also have this piece of code in the category view template
Code:
<?php $user = JFactory::getUser();if($user->guest && empty($this->rows)){ echo 'Please Register or Login'; } ?>
note sure if that would make a difference as such!
I will search Joomla forums and perhaps raise a question there.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds