- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
2 variants for a product
12 years 5 months ago #153910
by sr9yar
2 variants for a product was created by sr9yar
Let's say my shop is selling shirts.
I'd like to let my customers choose size and color.
Not each color is available for each size.
So i've created a product with two variants size and color.
shirt_s_white 0pcs
shirt_m_white 1pcs
shirt_s_black 2pcs
shirt_m_black 3pcs
But on the product page it looks as if all combinations were available.
When somebody buys shirt_m_white white color will become unavailable.
These things may be very confusing for customers.
How can I display only available combinations?
I'd like to let my customers choose size and color.
Not each color is available for each size.
So i've created a product with two variants size and color.
shirt_s_white 0pcs
shirt_m_white 1pcs
shirt_s_black 2pcs
shirt_m_black 3pcs
But on the product page it looks as if all combinations were available.
When somebody buys shirt_m_white white color will become unavailable.
These things may be very confusing for customers.
How can I display only available combinations?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153927
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 2 variants for a product
Hi,
You can change the "characteristic display method" to either "list" or "table" and you won't be able to see an unavailable variant on your product page.
You can change the "characteristic display method" to either "list" or "table" and you won't be able to see an unavailable variant on your product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #153964
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
I've tried that option, but strangely i still have
instead of
Now I'm starting to think that my problem is not related to the type of display. Probably there's something wrong with csv import.
Code:
--------white---------black----
s--------O---------------O------
m--------O---------------O------
instead of
Code:
--------white---------black----
s------------------------O------
m--------O---------------O------
Now I'm starting to think that my problem is not related to the type of display. Probably there's something wrong with csv import.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sr9yar.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153972
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
In my admin backend I can't see variants added to the product.
They exist in database, I can see that they are main and variant types, product parent id is correct.
On the frontpage I can see all possible combinations.
They exist in database, I can see that they are main and variant types, product parent id is correct.
On the frontpage I can see all possible combinations.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #153976
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic 2 variants for a product
Hello,
Can you change the value of your "Display out of stock products" option through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display" and try it again ?
Can you change the value of your "Display out of stock products" option through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display" and try it again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154040
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
My backend is in my local language, but i think i did it. It was originally set to no.
No luck.
Changed it and saved it, deleted variants form db, imported them back, finally saved it back with the option set to no.
No luck.
Changed it and saved it, deleted variants form db, imported them back, finally saved it back with the option set to no.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154052
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
Could you please review my csv import file?
just trying to check the obvious
just trying to check the obvious
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154041
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 2 variants for a product
There is no way that the variant would display with a table display if its quantity is 0, unless you're using a really old version of HikaShop which would have such bug.
Please provide a link to the product page and a screenshot of the product options and the variant options so that we can see what you did.
Please provide a link to the product page and a screenshot of the product options and the variant options so that we can see what you did.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #154384
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
The csv file is in the post above
That's how I see it
komozini.ru/shopfront/trikotazh/product/6431-sviter.html
Main tab
Display tab
Edit product page
Edit variant page (i can actually access it if I choose to display product variants in filters on Products->Products page)
and one more thing. The product_code contains my local language characters. But I don't think it can create a problem, can it?
The csv file is in the post above
That's how I see it
komozini.ru/shopfront/trikotazh/product/6431-sviter.html
Main tab
Display tab
Edit product page
Edit variant page (i can actually access it if I choose to display product variants in filters on Products->Products page)
and one more thing. The product_code contains my local language characters. But I don't think it can create a problem, can it?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sr9yar.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154406
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 2 variants for a product
Hi,
The product_code shouldn't be a problem.
I see however in your CSV that you didn't enter any value for size3 and product_color for your main product. Without these, the characteristics won't be correctly linked to the product. That's probably why it doesn't work.
The product_code shouldn't be a problem.
I see however in your CSV that you didn't enter any value for size3 and product_color for your main product. Without these, the characteristics won't be correctly linked to the product. That's probably why it doesn't work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sr9yar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154454
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
yes, I have size, size2, size3 (which are basically just different types of sizes like XL or 48 and can be merged into 1 column) and product_color. The thing is that that some products only have size variants, others no variants at all, and some size and color variants.
Before I had a csv with only size/size2/size3 variants and a drop down view, and variants displayed ok. The new csv' s gotten second variant product_color for some products.
I'll try to test it out with a corrected csv and come back to you then.
Before I had a csv with only size/size2/size3 variants and a drop down view, and variants displayed ok. The new csv' s gotten second variant product_color for some products.
I'll try to test it out with a corrected csv and come back to you then.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154475
by sr9yar
Replied by sr9yar on topic 2 variants for a product
Yes, you're totaly right. Thanks!
My csv main product was missing size3 and product_color after having added them, all worked as intended.
komozini.com/shopfront/trikotazh/product/6431-sviter.html
I used to prepare the csv myself, but this last time somebody else did it for me. So this small detail got overlooked.
My csv main product was missing size3 and product_color after having added them, all worked as intended.
komozini.com/shopfront/trikotazh/product/6431-sviter.html
I used to prepare the csv myself, but this last time somebody else did it for me. So this small detail got overlooked.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds