Skip to main content

Proper keyboard layouts for fields on mobile

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #170864 by nathankeenmelb
Often on the mobile when filling out a telephone field, or postcode, or credit card numbers, the keyboard layout will change to having only numbers, or numbers and dashes - whatever is actually required. An email field would have the @ symbol prominent.

It would be great to have this feature on all Hikashop fields. I tried to implement it using some code like pattern="[0-9]*" in the input, but it didn't work. Anyway, this should be a core feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #170893 by Xavier
Hi,

This could be a good thing indeed, we have to see how to improve this part for mobile devices and see if a good compatibility can be found. Because it don't seem to be working the same way for iOS or Android...

For the moment I suggest you to try this kind of things for numbers:
Code:
<input type="number" step="0.01">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171112 by nathankeenmelb
Okay thanks for this. I added the above 'pattern' attribute via ReReplacer but it's a bit hard changing the type="text" to "number". Can I change these values somewhere in the back-end of hikashop? I can't find the appropriate 'view'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171128 by Xavier
Hi,

That's because it's not managed by a view, but it's in the class "field" in "administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum