- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Database Tables Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3
Hi
Have upgraded my site from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3 latest version and the last thing I need to do is get all my Hikashop data from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.
Are the table structures exactly the same in which case I can just copy the tables from one database to another or is it more difficult
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Copy Hikashop tables from J2.5 to J3 and install Hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is not more difficult than that
After the copy of the tables you might need to perform some adjustments in the configuration for the J2/J3 display settings ; like the menu position, the popup system, etc.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#display_general
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Question I have is on Views. On my old 2.5 site I had created a number of custom views. When I copied the tables across, there are no custom views showing for my new template. Is this what should happen?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want to move the custom views, you want to copy the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop from your old website to your new website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will have a play around with the views as the layout is different in my new template.
Is there any documentation that explains in more detail about the Views - and how each view is related. I struggle finding where things are when I want to move something like "Contact Us For More Information" button to the left side of the page under the image for example.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Well, we have the "customize the display" documentation page.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you go to this link on my test site
www.ecomad.com.au/ecomad-Rasa/ecoshop/in...thwool-ceiling-batts
I have been trying to find things in Views and change some things around but any changes I make don't seem to work on the front end when I refresh.
I want to move the button "Contact Us for More Info" which is on the right side and move it underneath the thumbnail images - which View can I do this?
Also want to hide the description text which is sitting under the thumbnails. I want to comment out the code which is showing this.
I have made changes in the SHOW_Default View and removed the DIV which has the contact us code but the button is still showing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you don't see the changes that you make in those views it's either:
1. That you're doing them for another template than the template you're using on your frontend, so make sure that you're editing the view files for the correct template.
2. That your website has some caching preventing you from seeing the changes. Make sure that you clean the cache of your website.
3. That you're not editing the correct view file.
I checked your product page and I can see that you're using the tabular product page layout. Thus, it's not the show_default view file that you want to edit but the show_tabular view file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you help with the Tab part - if you click on specification it is showing the Brand above the heading specification. I want to put the Brand below this but just can't find where to do this. Looked through Tabular view but can't spot it.
www.ecomad.com.au/ecomad-Rasa/ecoshop/in...thwool-ceiling-batts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should find the desired part in the div:
You view seems to be customized as we don't have this display by default. By default the brand is in the description part.
Please check if you don't have code like:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Or is there a setting in Hikashop where you can set the default view? Can't find it.
What is the default View? show_default I assume.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Huski wrote: Or is there a setting in Hikashop where you can set the default view? Can't find it.
-> System -> Configuration -> tab Display -> Default parameters for products -> option "Layout on product page".
Huski wrote: What is the default View? show_default I assume.
There are individual view files for each layout under "Layout on product page", and they are logically named
- "show_default"
- "show_reversed"
- "show_tabular"
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.ecomad.com.au/ecomad-Rasa/ecoshop/dr...seals/eco-seal-white
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Nothing personal, but since a while the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the original subject anymore, and you keep changing/adding topics here. It'd be fair to open new threads for new topics, don't you think? Eventually even only after checking the documentation, and after using the search here... thanks!
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.