Skip to main content

Canonical url on second language

More
11 years 5 months ago #197742 by lacasetta
Hi,
now i tryed the OSsearch component instead of Xmap but the result is the same: it creates a sitemap with alias english urls that do not work.
I mean that those urls go to a product not found.
So, i'm still waiting your support!
But, meanwhile, could you tell me if on your end you have the same issue?
I checked on your demo site but there is not enabled the Language filter.
So I'm not be able to see if you have the same issue than me.
Thanks
regards

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #197925 by nicolas
Hi,

You said that it creates a sitemap with alias in english. But the xmap plugin we propose for free on our website will use the canonical URL in priority. So if you set only valid URLs in the canonical URL field of all the languages of your products, then it's not possible that you get invalid URLs to your products in the site map.
That's what I told you to do in my previous post in this thread, and this hasn't changed.
So no, I don't have the issue on my end.
Please follow my advice and set valid URLs in the canonical URLs of the products and it will work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum