More logical urls
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #198064
by Jethro
More logical urls was created by Jethro
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.smart-drones.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi there, how can I simplify my urls?
For example, I have a shop page that displays three category's, click on the category and it displays products, click on the product and you see the product page.
I would prefer a url that goes like this: shop/category/product
For example our store sells drones, I would like a URL path that goes like this: store/drones/drone-one
At the moment I get a url that looks like this... www.smart-drones.com/store/category/12-drones
Why is 'category displayed'? And the 12 before the drone? Why is that added? Just trying to understand Hikashops URL methods...
As for th actual store itself... how do I change the url from: www.smart-drones.com/store/product/1-smart-drone-4
to www.smart-drones.com/store/drones/smart-drone-4 ?
Best regards,
Jethro.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi there, how can I simplify my urls?
For example, I have a shop page that displays three category's, click on the category and it displays products, click on the product and you see the product page.
I would prefer a url that goes like this: shop/category/product
For example our store sells drones, I would like a URL path that goes like this: store/drones/drone-one
At the moment I get a url that looks like this... www.smart-drones.com/store/category/12-drones
Why is 'category displayed'? And the 12 before the drone? Why is that added? Just trying to understand Hikashops URL methods...
As for th actual store itself... how do I change the url from: www.smart-drones.com/store/product/1-smart-drone-4
to www.smart-drones.com/store/drones/smart-drone-4 ?
Best regards,
Jethro.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jethro.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198088
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic More logical urls
Hi,
Your issue is related to the SEF.
In the HikaShop configuration, you will find some settings to customize the SEF
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#features_sef
Like the option "Remove products and categories id in URLs" to remove the ID of the products and categories in the URL.
But be careful with the setting "Activate smaller url" which provide smaller URL but will remove some useless information in the URL.
Regards,
Your issue is related to the SEF.
In the HikaShop configuration, you will find some settings to customize the SEF
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#features_sef
Like the option "Remove products and categories id in URLs" to remove the ID of the products and categories in the URL.
But be careful with the setting "Activate smaller url" which provide smaller URL but will remove some useless information in the URL.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jethro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198708
by Jethro
Replied by Jethro on topic More logical urls
Absolutely solved my problems, many thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds