- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
not sure HikaShop will solve my problem - help!
- Vlad Ghitulescu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #208775
by Vlad Ghitulescu
not sure HikaShop will solve my problem - help! was created by Vlad Ghitulescu
Hello!
I have a rather general question but it seams that Joomla + HikaShop could be my solution, so I would really apreciate if you could give me an advice.
My job is to build a site for a company that makes doors.
The desired workflow will look like this:
1.- A customer chooses one of the doors and saves it to a "shopping cart" together with some notes (like the dimensions etc.).
2.- After this the customer might search for another door-type, chooses one and adds it to the "shopping cart" (with another set of notes). This step repeats optionally.
3.- After one (or many) choosen door, the customer decides to place an order, so he will have to fill out a form with the name, e-mail etc. AND the choosen doors & notes from the shopping cart and sends this to the door-company.
IMPORTANT: The whole process ends when the customer sends this form (and not - as usual - when he pays). After this he will be called by the door-company for further specifications etc.
All of the sites I did so far were static & built with Bootstrap (whith or without LESS).
I suspect that a static site is not possible now, that's why I thought of Joomla and started to look for Joomla-extensions - and so I discovered the HikaShop component.
Would it be possible to achieve my goal with Joomla + HikaShop?
And if so: Would it be something I can do (as my very first Joomla-project!)?
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Vlad
I have a rather general question but it seams that Joomla + HikaShop could be my solution, so I would really apreciate if you could give me an advice.
My job is to build a site for a company that makes doors.
The desired workflow will look like this:
1.- A customer chooses one of the doors and saves it to a "shopping cart" together with some notes (like the dimensions etc.).
2.- After this the customer might search for another door-type, chooses one and adds it to the "shopping cart" (with another set of notes). This step repeats optionally.
3.- After one (or many) choosen door, the customer decides to place an order, so he will have to fill out a form with the name, e-mail etc. AND the choosen doors & notes from the shopping cart and sends this to the door-company.
IMPORTANT: The whole process ends when the customer sends this form (and not - as usual - when he pays). After this he will be called by the door-company for further specifications etc.
All of the sites I did so far were static & built with Bootstrap (whith or without LESS).
I suspect that a static site is not possible now, that's why I thought of Joomla and started to look for Joomla-extensions - and so I discovered the HikaShop component.
Would it be possible to achieve my goal with Joomla + HikaShop?
And if so: Would it be something I can do (as my very first Joomla-project!)?
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Vlad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #208777
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic not sure HikaShop will solve my problem - help!
Hi,
Yes, no problem to do that with HikaShop.
It will however require the Business edition so that you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu display>custom fields in order to get the notes from the customers for each product.
Yes, no problem to do that with HikaShop.
It will however require the Business edition so that you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu display>custom fields in order to get the notes from the customers for each product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad Ghitulescu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Vlad Ghitulescu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #208814
by Vlad Ghitulescu
Replied by Vlad Ghitulescu on topic not sure HikaShop will solve my problem - help!
Hi, nicolas!
Thanks for your quick reply!
That's good news! I will definitely consider Joomla & HIkaShop when the whole project comes to life.
Thanks again!
Vlad
Thanks for your quick reply!
That's good news! I will definitely consider Joomla & HIkaShop when the whole project comes to life.
Thanks again!
Vlad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds