- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
Google product plugin urls
10 years 9 months ago #224123
by shemeck
Google product plugin urls was created by shemeck
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.shemeck.pl
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Dear Hika,
We are optimizing our hikashop for google. We found, that our google plugin contain urls with 3 different format:
www.shemeck.pl/index.php/hikashop-menu-f...ther-lc-1000y-yellow
www.shemeck.pl/index.php/produkty/produc...rother-lc-970-czarny
www.shemeck.pl/index.php?option=com_hika...1100-cyan&Itemid=132
I think for us the best is second one.
Why google plugin is making urls in 3 different ways and hout to change it
Best Regards
SHEMECK
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Dear Hika,
We are optimizing our hikashop for google. We found, that our google plugin contain urls with 3 different format:
www.shemeck.pl/index.php/hikashop-menu-f...ther-lc-1000y-yellow
www.shemeck.pl/index.php/produkty/produc...rother-lc-970-czarny
www.shemeck.pl/index.php?option=com_hika...1100-cyan&Itemid=132
I think for us the best is second one.
Why google plugin is making urls in 3 different ways and hout to change it
Best Regards
SHEMECK
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #224127
by shemeck
Replied by shemeck on topic Google product plugin urls
Ok, I think I found it.
It is because some products has cannonical URL. I don't know why.
Best Regards.
It is because some products has cannonical URL. I don't know why.
Best Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #224138
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Google product plugin urls
Hi,
The canonical URL system is precisely there to avoid duplicates in google.
So you need to enter the URL you want among the possible ones in the canonical URL field of your product and that way google will only reference this one.
The canonical URL system is precisely there to avoid duplicates in google.
So you need to enter the URL you want among the possible ones in the canonical URL field of your product and that way google will only reference this one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #224197
by shemeck
Replied by shemeck on topic Google product plugin urls
Dear Nicolas,
I know, I just have setting in my configuration to generate cannonical url "if it is not specified". I think therefore I had many different cannonical urls on my products. Of course everything is fine if I set "No, generate" option but then google products plugin is generating other links.
For now I just used Mass Action to generate all my cannonicals
Thank You
SHEMECK
I know, I just have setting in my configuration to generate cannonical url "if it is not specified". I think therefore I had many different cannonical urls on my products. Of course everything is fine if I set "No, generate" option but then google products plugin is generating other links.
For now I just used Mass Action to generate all my cannonicals
Thank You
SHEMECK
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds