- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 0
before purchasing, I wonder if Hikashop can meet such need ?
9 years 8 months ago #260318
by cycnorman
hello
I want to use Hikashop commercial version to meet my client's need, but I do not know if it can really do what I want, so I must figure out before purchasing.
I want to build online product catalog without checkout process, and customers can choose the product they are interested and fill out a inquiry form and submit it to get reply about more product detail.
I know the Hikashop can use for catalog mode and commercial version can turn on the contact option.
but I wonder if it can meet the following process :
many product categories, each of them has plenty products
you can choose some procuts(specifications) under some categories,
and add the chosen products to inquiry form.
you can modify the chosen items for number, other optional fields such like arrival days or amount in a specified period.
and fill out the following form to inquiry.
I wonder if the Hikashop(essentail or business version) can do such a process ?
thank you.
I want to use Hikashop commercial version to meet my client's need, but I do not know if it can really do what I want, so I must figure out before purchasing.
I want to build online product catalog without checkout process, and customers can choose the product they are interested and fill out a inquiry form and submit it to get reply about more product detail.
I know the Hikashop can use for catalog mode and commercial version can turn on the contact option.
but I wonder if it can meet the following process :
This message contains confidential information
many product categories, each of them has plenty products
This message contains confidential information
you can choose some procuts(specifications) under some categories,
This message contains confidential information
and add the chosen products to inquiry form.
This message contains confidential information
you can modify the chosen items for number, other optional fields such like arrival days or amount in a specified period.
and fill out the following form to inquiry.
I wonder if the Hikashop(essentail or business version) can do such a process ?
thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260331
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic before purchasing, I wonder if Hikashop can meet such need ?
Hi,
You can't do exactly the same thing, but you can have something close which, from what I see should meet your needs:
I would recommend in that case to not use the contact form system in HikaShop, since the contact form is only for one product, not a bunch of them.
Instead, you could set the "Add to cart on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "global".
Then, turn on the display of the add to cart button on your listing.
And change your "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration to remove all the unecessary things like shipping, payment, etc.
That way, your checkout can act like an inquiry form.
You can also rename the "add to cart" button to what you want with a translation override (like anything else in the interface):
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
And you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields so that you can enter data for each product you add to the cart.
And the quantity field will also be available on the listing.
So it will provide the same functionality, but instead of the quantity input and fields being on the inquiry form, it would be on the products listing.
This would require the Business edition.
You can't do exactly the same thing, but you can have something close which, from what I see should meet your needs:
I would recommend in that case to not use the contact form system in HikaShop, since the contact form is only for one product, not a bunch of them.
Instead, you could set the "Add to cart on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "global".
Then, turn on the display of the add to cart button on your listing.
And change your "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration to remove all the unecessary things like shipping, payment, etc.
That way, your checkout can act like an inquiry form.
You can also rename the "add to cart" button to what you want with a translation override (like anything else in the interface):
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
And you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields so that you can enter data for each product you add to the cart.
And the quantity field will also be available on the listing.
So it will provide the same functionality, but instead of the quantity input and fields being on the inquiry form, it would be on the products listing.
This would require the Business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260638
by cycnorman
Replied by cycnorman on topic before purchasing, I wonder if Hikashop can meet such need ?
yes, thank you.
I will try.
so I have purchased the business version and received the invoice from PayPal on behalf of HIKARI SOFTWARE SARL.
but why in my subscription there is only starter version for me to download ?
thank you.
I will try.
so I have purchased the business version and received the invoice from PayPal on behalf of HIKARI SOFTWARE SARL.
but why in my subscription there is only starter version for me to download ?
thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260657
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic before purchasing, I wonder if Hikashop can meet such need ?
Hi,
The order is still created in our side ; we did not receive the paypal notification.
Please send us a message through the "contact us" form such kind of private matter.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
We are not able to read or understand Chinese characters but if you send us the Paypal transaction ID ; we will be able to check in our side and validate the order manually.
Regards,
The order is still created in our side ; we did not receive the paypal notification.
Please send us a message through the "contact us" form such kind of private matter.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
We are not able to read or understand Chinese characters but if you send us the Paypal transaction ID ; we will be able to check in our side and validate the order manually.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260722
by cycnorman
Replied by cycnorman on topic before purchasing, I wonder if Hikashop can meet such need ?
yes, thank you.
I have send a contact message mentioned the transaction ID through the "contact us" form.
please verify my subscriptions.
thank you.
I have send a contact message mentioned the transaction ID through the "contact us" form.
please verify my subscriptions.
thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds