Create one central database
9 years 7 months ago #261613
by Joomdev1
Create one central database was created by Joomdev1
Hello Everyone,
I'm just curious to know if there's any way where we can have one central database for my three sites. In other words, I want feed the content to all my sites from only one/common database.
Is it possible ??
Thanks
I'm just curious to know if there's any way where we can have one central database for my three sites. In other words, I want feed the content to all my sites from only one/common database.
Is it possible ??
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #261614
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Create one central database
Hi,
I'm afraid your question is not related to HikaShop but to Joomla itself.
HikaShop is "just" a component for Joomla and it uses the Joomla core to access to the database etc.
Regards,
I'm afraid your question is not related to HikaShop but to Joomla itself.
HikaShop is "just" a component for Joomla and it uses the Joomla core to access to the database etc.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #261871
by Joomdev1
Replied by Joomdev1 on topic Create one central database
Hello again,
Sorry for the trouble.
I guess I misunderstood it.
What I'm trying to say is ...if there's a way where we can manage all my sites products from one database. So I don't have to go over and update products individually for all. Let's say, I update my products thrice a week for all websites and I have like four websites running with hike shop and all have the same products.
Therefore, if I want to make an update to the product list... I have to go and update them like individually...that's quite hectic at times. So, If there's a possible solution for it ...that I don't have to update my product list by going through each one of them?
Thanks
Sorry for the trouble.
I guess I misunderstood it.
What I'm trying to say is ...if there's a way where we can manage all my sites products from one database. So I don't have to go over and update products individually for all. Let's say, I update my products thrice a week for all websites and I have like four websites running with hike shop and all have the same products.
Therefore, if I want to make an update to the product list... I have to go and update them like individually...that's quite hectic at times. So, If there's a possible solution for it ...that I don't have to update my product list by going through each one of them?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #261908
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create one central database
Hi,
If you want one database for several websites, I would recommend using JMS Multisites on your website:
That way, you can have a master website where you change the prices and you can have several slave websites using the same data automatically:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...e-sites/multi-sites/
If you want one database for several websites, I would recommend using JMS Multisites on your website:
That way, you can have a master website where you change the prices and you can have several slave websites using the same data automatically:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...e-sites/multi-sites/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #263244
by Gigi99
Replied by Gigi99 on topic Create one central database
Does using JMS Multisites work with Hikashop? My ecommerce sites are on Hikashop now. I would like to also be able to change prices in one central location that fees the 3 e commerce stores. Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #263253
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Create one central database
Hi,
You can be sure that Nicolas wouldn't mentioned JMS if the component was not fully integrated with HikaShop.
More than that, JMS editor is listed in the HikaShop partners.
Regards,
You can be sure that Nicolas wouldn't mentioned JMS if the component was not fully integrated with HikaShop.
More than that, JMS editor is listed in the HikaShop partners.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds