- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 7
Support of Joomla New Routing System
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #289891
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Support of Joomla New Routing System was created by flexsus
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
Hi
Will current versions of Hikashop and Hikamarket support enabling the New Joomla Routing System ?
I would prefere to use the new routing system and prepare for Joomla 4.0 for better SEO.
As of now I have URLs like:
/component/hikamarket/vendor/show/3-vendorname
or when using "Vendor default menu" set to 'producenter' it becomes like this:
/producenter/vendor/show/3-vendorname
I would prefere it like this:
/producenter/vendorname
This would also give my vendors the option to link to their page like: mydomain.com/producenter/vendorname/ on social medias
What should I be aware of and how can I prepare?
(I'm aware of the Github topic and issues regarding Joomal version 3.8.2-3.8.6)
Best regards,
Henrik
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
Hi
Will current versions of Hikashop and Hikamarket support enabling the New Joomla Routing System ?
I would prefere to use the new routing system and prepare for Joomla 4.0 for better SEO.
As of now I have URLs like:
/component/hikamarket/vendor/show/3-vendorname
or when using "Vendor default menu" set to 'producenter' it becomes like this:
/producenter/vendor/show/3-vendorname
I would prefere it like this:
/producenter/vendorname
This would also give my vendors the option to link to their page like: mydomain.com/producenter/vendorname/ on social medias
What should I be aware of and how can I prepare?
(I'm aware of the Github topic and issues regarding Joomal version 3.8.2-3.8.6)
Best regards,
Henrik
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by flexsus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #289901
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Support of Joomla New Routing System
Hi,
Current versions ? No. Future versions, at some point, very likely.
There is no benefit in trying to support the new router for HikaShop for now. And when we looked at it, we couldn't find a proper example or documentation to change the code on our end. So we decided to wait for now.
Regarding your URLs, it has nothing to do with the old/new router.
The issue is that the URL is missing the itemId. HikaMarket tries to automatically fill it based on the "Vendor default menu" setting of the HikaMarket configuration. So if you have these URLs, it means that either you didn't set that parameter to a HikaMarket menu item, or that URL is generated by another extension which doesn't take that parameter into account when generating the URL.
Current versions ? No. Future versions, at some point, very likely.
There is no benefit in trying to support the new router for HikaShop for now. And when we looked at it, we couldn't find a proper example or documentation to change the code on our end. So we decided to wait for now.
Regarding your URLs, it has nothing to do with the old/new router.
The issue is that the URL is missing the itemId. HikaMarket tries to automatically fill it based on the "Vendor default menu" setting of the HikaMarket configuration. So if you have these URLs, it means that either you didn't set that parameter to a HikaMarket menu item, or that URL is generated by another extension which doesn't take that parameter into account when generating the URL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds