- Posts: 490
- Thank you received: 2
joomla expired url
6 years 5 months ago #317404
by ronron
joomla expired url was created by ronron
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
hi
i have so much expired url
these are examples, how do i fix them?
thanks
1.all-flower/type-rss?format=feed//
2.add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/type-rss?format=feed//
3. add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/type-atom?limitstart=36//
4. add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/type-atom?format=feed//
5. add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/
6. add-ons/stuffed-toys/patch-bear-white-125-flower-delivery-philippines-detail/type-atom?format=feed//
7. occassions/product/updatecart/add-1/cart_type-wishlist/cid-418
8. occassions/anniversary/product/updatecart/add-1/cart_type-wishlist/cid-390
9. shop-now/fp-b116-210-free-flower-delivery-detail?tmpl=component&print=1
10. occasions/mother-s-day/by,product_sales/results,111-110
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
hi
i have so much expired url
these are examples, how do i fix them?
thanks
1.all-flower/type-rss?format=feed//
2.add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/type-rss?format=feed//
3. add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/type-atom?limitstart=36//
4. add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/type-atom?format=feed//
5. add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/
6. add-ons/stuffed-toys/patch-bear-white-125-flower-delivery-philippines-detail/type-atom?format=feed//
7. occassions/product/updatecart/add-1/cart_type-wishlist/cid-418
8. occassions/anniversary/product/updatecart/add-1/cart_type-wishlist/cid-390
9. shop-now/fp-b116-210-free-flower-delivery-detail?tmpl=component&print=1
10. occasions/mother-s-day/by,product_sales/results,111-110
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317421
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic joomla expired url
Hi,
Why are they "expired" ?
You changed the name/alias of your these products / categories ?
Did you also update the canonical URL of these products / categories after your changes ?
Could you give a link to that website ?
Why are they "expired" ?
You changed the name/alias of your these products / categories ?
Did you also update the canonical URL of these products / categories after your changes ?
Could you give a link to that website ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #317472
by ronron
please help
Replied by ronron on topic joomla expired url
i have no idea why it is expired. BTW i found this expired url using joomla redirect componentWhy are they "expired" ?
we usually add / edit products. Seldom change the name. But if we do change the name we add a redirect to the new urlYou changed the name/alias of your these products / categories ?
we use canonical urls and update them. I added a screen shot. i dont know what these are. Some of the ends with limit, start, feed, print and i dont know where to find these. i dont know how to redirect them if these were changed urlsDid you also update the canonical URL of these products / categories after your changes ?
yourflowerpatch.com is the siteCould you give a link to that website ?
please help
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ronron.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317487
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic joomla expired url
Hi,
Well, if I go to the URL add-ons/stuffed-toys/ I don't see any product or category. Normally, I should see the product/category with the alias "quoted-pillow-detail".
Since I don't see it, it's normal that its URLs generates a 404 error and that Joomla declares its URLs as 'expired'.
Now I don't know why I didn't get redirected elsewhere when trying to use the URL add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/
I can only suppose you didn't do the redirect for it.
Also, I don't know how you do your redirects. But the way we do it on our end is in the htaccess file of our website.
There, we add rules and conditions with regexes. So that way, you can have generic redirections. So for additional parameters, we can redirect the URL regardless of the value of these extra parameters in the URL.
So from what I understand, your problem is with the way you manage the redirection for expired URLs, not expired URLs themselves. Maybe you need something more advanced than Joomla's redirect system, like for example:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/site-man...irection/jredirects/
Well, if I go to the URL add-ons/stuffed-toys/ I don't see any product or category. Normally, I should see the product/category with the alias "quoted-pillow-detail".
Since I don't see it, it's normal that its URLs generates a 404 error and that Joomla declares its URLs as 'expired'.
Now I don't know why I didn't get redirected elsewhere when trying to use the URL add-ons/stuffed-toys/quoted-pillow-detail/
I can only suppose you didn't do the redirect for it.
Also, I don't know how you do your redirects. But the way we do it on our end is in the htaccess file of our website.
There, we add rules and conditions with regexes. So that way, you can have generic redirections. So for additional parameters, we can redirect the URL regardless of the value of these extra parameters in the URL.
So from what I understand, your problem is with the way you manage the redirection for expired URLs, not expired URLs themselves. Maybe you need something more advanced than Joomla's redirect system, like for example:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/site-man...irection/jredirects/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds