- Posts: 105
- Thank you received: 6
Question about currencies and Geolocation
4 years 3 months ago #342413
by panefs
Question about currencies and Geolocation was created by panefs
Hello.
My products' prices are set in both EUR and USD. The "HikaShop geolocation plugin" is enabled. Currently:
Thank you for your time.
Panos
My products' prices are set in both EUR and USD. The "HikaShop geolocation plugin" is enabled. Currently:
- Customers from the US are shown the prices in USD
- Customers from all other countries are shown the prices in EUR
Thank you for your time.
Panos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 months ago #342415
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Question about currencies and Geolocation
Hi,
In the menu System>Zone, you can edit the settings of each country. There, you have a currency setting you can configure.
If you configure a currency there, then the users from these countries will be assigned that currency when they arrive on the website.
And for countries without a currency selected, it will default to the "main currency" configured in the HikaShop configuration.
In the menu System>Zone, you can edit the settings of each country. There, you have a currency setting you can configure.
If you configure a currency there, then the users from these countries will be assigned that currency when they arrive on the website.
And for countries without a currency selected, it will default to the "main currency" configured in the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 months ago #342423
by panefs
Replied by panefs on topic Question about currencies and Geolocation
Thank you Nicolas!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 months ago #342439
by panefs
Replied by panefs on topic Question about currencies and Geolocation
I am not sure why it's not working, if there are any steps that I missed:
Example:
I edited the ZONE INFORMATION for Japan (System > Zone): I set the default currency to USD (before it was set to "None" . I saved my changes. I cleared the Joomla cache.
Then I activated the VPN and picked a server in Japan. I checked with an IP finder, my IP was indeed in Tokyo.
When I opened a product page, the price was still shown in EUR. I tried on 4 different browsers with cache cleared in advance.
The same applies to all other countries whose default currency was set from "None" to "USD"
Kind regards
Panos
Example:
I edited the ZONE INFORMATION for Japan (System > Zone): I set the default currency to USD (before it was set to "None" . I saved my changes. I cleared the Joomla cache.
Then I activated the VPN and picked a server in Japan. I checked with an IP finder, my IP was indeed in Tokyo.
When I opened a product page, the price was still shown in EUR. I tried on 4 different browsers with cache cleared in advance.
The same applies to all other countries whose default currency was set from "None" to "USD"
Kind regards
Panos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 months ago #342444
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Question about currencies and Geolocation
Hi,
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the HikaShop geolocation plugin ?
And could you proive the URL of the website ?
Also, which version of HikaShop are you using (it could be a bug of an old version of HikaShop) ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the HikaShop geolocation plugin ?
And could you proive the URL of the website ?
Also, which version of HikaShop are you using (it could be a bug of an old version of HikaShop) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 months ago #342591
by panefs
Replied by panefs on topic Question about currencies and Geolocation
Hi Nicolas.
Sorry for the delay in replying back, I was away these days.
Here's a link to a product page: www.panosfx.com/photoshop-actions/complete-bundle
I'm using Hikashop Business 4.4.5
And here's a screenshot of the geolocation plugin settings:
Thank you for your time
Panos
Sorry for the delay in replying back, I was away these days.
Here's a link to a product page: www.panosfx.com/photoshop-actions/complete-bundle
I'm using Hikashop Business 4.4.5
And here's a screenshot of the geolocation plugin settings:
Thank you for your time
Panos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 months ago #342595
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Question about currencies and Geolocation
Hi,
It seems to be working fine.
I tried with a free Japanese web proxy and I got the prices in USD on your link:
i.imgur.com/cysbACk.png
while the currency was in EUR when accessing the website directly, from France:
i.imgur.com/YiD7IXs.png
Can you please double check ?
It seems to be working fine.
I tried with a free Japanese web proxy and I got the prices in USD on your link:
i.imgur.com/cysbACk.png
while the currency was in EUR when accessing the website directly, from France:
i.imgur.com/YiD7IXs.png
Can you please double check ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds