- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
11 years 7 months ago #191486
by Nabo
Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher was created by Nabo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
when I try to publish a product in the vendor dashboard (in the form not in the listing) it doesn´t work. I take a look in the php files, but I can´t find the problem. In the product listing of the dashboard the toggle to publish the product works perfect. So how I can fix the switcher to publish the product in the form?
Thanks
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
when I try to publish a product in the vendor dashboard (in the form not in the listing) it doesn´t work. I take a look in the php files, but I can´t find the problem. In the product listing of the dashboard the toggle to publish the product works perfect. So how I can fix the switcher to publish the product in the form?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191490
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi,
Can you please provide a screenshot ?
There is no publish toggle in the vendor dashboard ; so I'm wondering in which page you are exactly.
Regards,
Can you please provide a screenshot ?
There is no publish toggle in the vendor dashboard ; so I'm wondering in which page you are exactly.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191505
by Nabo
Replied by Nabo on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi Jerome,
I send you a PM with login data.
I send you a PM with login data.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191531
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi,
Okay so you're problem is not what you explained.
It's not an issue with the toggle.
It's not related to any dashboard.
Your issue is related to the "yes/no" which is not working with your template.
HikaShop, when using the "boostrap design" is displaying the "yes/no" in the bootstrap way (and HikaMarket is using HikaShop to display the "yes/no" elements).
But, your template is not compatible with bootstrap 2 ; it uses bootstrap 3 and the way that the radio are working in your template is totally different than in bootstrap 2.
So I think that you will have a lot of other issues in HikaShop (and HikaMarket) when having "yes/no" or "radio" (like in the checkout for the selection of the shipping/payment methods).
Because HikaShop is not compatible with bootstrap 3, I have to recommend you to deactivate the boostrap design in order to have a classical look ; you will retrieve the classical "yes/no" radio and it will work better.
If you want to know more about why HikaShop is not compatible with Bootstrap 3 ; you will find several threads which talk about this subject but the main reason is that Joomla is just compatible with Boostrap 2 ans provide bootstrap 2 interfaces.
Regards,
Okay so you're problem is not what you explained.
It's not an issue with the toggle.
It's not related to any dashboard.
Your issue is related to the "yes/no" which is not working with your template.
HikaShop, when using the "boostrap design" is displaying the "yes/no" in the bootstrap way (and HikaMarket is using HikaShop to display the "yes/no" elements).
But, your template is not compatible with bootstrap 2 ; it uses bootstrap 3 and the way that the radio are working in your template is totally different than in bootstrap 2.
So I think that you will have a lot of other issues in HikaShop (and HikaMarket) when having "yes/no" or "radio" (like in the checkout for the selection of the shipping/payment methods).
Because HikaShop is not compatible with bootstrap 3, I have to recommend you to deactivate the boostrap design in order to have a classical look ; you will retrieve the classical "yes/no" radio and it will work better.
If you want to know more about why HikaShop is not compatible with Bootstrap 3 ; you will find several threads which talk about this subject but the main reason is that Joomla is just compatible with Boostrap 2 ans provide bootstrap 2 interfaces.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #196576
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi, I seem to have the same problem.
As a vendor I cannot publish products using the 'new product' form.
If I turn off bootstrap in hikashop as you say, it works.
But, the problem now is that the rest of the website product displays are affected! It seems I can't win!
What is the best way around this, allowing vendors to use 'yes/no' or radio buttons in this form and other parts of website and at the same time without affecting the display of products (and categories also, I imagine)?
(Also, sending pm now with login).
Regards
As a vendor I cannot publish products using the 'new product' form.
If I turn off bootstrap in hikashop as you say, it works.
But, the problem now is that the rest of the website product displays are affected! It seems I can't win!
What is the best way around this, allowing vendors to use 'yes/no' or radio buttons in this form and other parts of website and at the same time without affecting the display of products (and categories also, I imagine)?
(Also, sending pm now with login).
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #196585
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi,
I think that the issue you got is related to the template "jvfashion" which override some HikaMarket elements with old version of HikaMarket pages (1.4.2).
In HikaMarket 1.4 there was not management of variants, the product page changed with the introduction of the characteristic features.
We had several issues reported with that specific template. So the best is to remove these overrides in order to use the latest views.
If you still have some problems with the "yes/no", you can see to create a new override (base on the latest 1.6.2 views) and change the way that the buttons are made, like replacing:
By
to not use the bootstrap display of the "yes/no" made by HikaShop.
Regards,
I think that the issue you got is related to the template "jvfashion" which override some HikaMarket elements with old version of HikaMarket pages (1.4.2).
In HikaMarket 1.4 there was not management of variants, the product page changed with the introduction of the characteristic features.
We had several issues reported with that specific template. So the best is to remove these overrides in order to use the latest views.
If you still have some problems with the "yes/no", you can see to create a new override (base on the latest 1.6.2 views) and change the way that the buttons are made, like replacing:
Code:
echo JHTML::_('hikaselect.booleanlist', "data[product][product_published]" , '', @$this->product->product_published);
Code:
echo JHTML::_('select.booleanlist', "data[product][product_published]" , '', @$this->product->product_published);
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #196619
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Since I wouldn't know how to create override I will try to delete the ones that come with the template.
However, there are about 80! Do I delete all or which specific ones?
Regards,
However, there are about 80! Do I delete all or which specific ones?
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #196670
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi,
I clearly don't know what jvfahsion do in his overrides for the HIkaMarket views.
What I already done in several websites, is to remove the overrides for the views "productmarket", like "form", "files", "images", etc.
About creating a view override, there is a HikaShop documentation page on the subject.
Creating an override for HikaMarket is like creating an override for HikaShop ; you just have to use the filter on the component to only see the HikaMarket views.
You also have to know that the HikaMarket views have a suffix "market" (like "productmarket") so you can know easily if the view is for HikaShop or HikaMarket.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
I clearly don't know what jvfahsion do in his overrides for the HIkaMarket views.
What I already done in several websites, is to remove the overrides for the views "productmarket", like "form", "files", "images", etc.
About creating a view override, there is a HikaShop documentation page on the subject.
Creating an override for HikaMarket is like creating an override for HikaShop ; you just have to use the filter on the component to only see the HikaMarket views.
You also have to know that the HikaMarket views have a suffix "market" (like "productmarket") so you can know easily if the view is for HikaShop or HikaMarket.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198752
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Thank you, brilliant as always.
I followed your advice, made the view override in Productmarket-Form and it changed to radio button and it works.
Meanwhile, I contacted the template maker and their response was:
-- The bug happen because of the impact between bootstrap.js in jvlib and plugin jquery of Hikamarket. The temporary solution we deal with it is extruding function "button" in bootstrap.js
prntscr.com/6tyosm --
This also works without changing to radio button.
But unfortunately they don't tell me location of file where they make all those changes, any ideas?
And is this a better solution than just chaning one view?
Regards,
I followed your advice, made the view override in Productmarket-Form and it changed to radio button and it works.
Meanwhile, I contacted the template maker and their response was:
-- The bug happen because of the impact between bootstrap.js in jvlib and plugin jquery of Hikamarket. The temporary solution we deal with it is extruding function "button" in bootstrap.js
prntscr.com/6tyosm --
This also works without changing to radio button.
But unfortunately they don't tell me location of file where they make all those changes, any ideas?
And is this a better solution than just chaning one view?
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198764
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi,
The file is : /plugins/system/jvlibs/javascripts/jquery/bootstrap/bootstrap.js
But the thing which is weird is that our jquery file does not override jQuery if it already include before.
We modified the jquery file in HikaShop to that specific goal (not create incompatibilities).
Regards,
The file is : /plugins/system/jvlibs/javascripts/jquery/bootstrap/bootstrap.js
But the thing which is weird is that our jquery file does not override jQuery if it already include before.
We modified the jquery file in HikaShop to that specific goal (not create incompatibilities).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198782
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Newbie question, I can access file through filezilla ftp. But then I modify in an editor then save and upload, or there's a quicker way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198785
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor Dashboard edit/add product publish switcher
Hi,
In HikaShop/HikaMarket we have ways to edit the views or the emails ; but there ; for something which is not related to HikaShop or HikaMarket but to a system plugin, yes you have to use the FTP.
After that, you can find some extensions in Joomla to access to all files and edit them.. But it will be related to Joomla.
Regards,
In HikaShop/HikaMarket we have ways to edit the views or the emails ; but there ; for something which is not related to HikaShop or HikaMarket but to a system plugin, yes you have to use the FTP.
After that, you can find some extensions in Joomla to access to all files and edit them.. But it will be related to Joomla.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds