- Posts: 86
- Thank you received: 3
Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
8 years 4 days ago #298484
by SEKME
Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv was created by SEKME
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
Hello,
Manual shipping plungin.
Issue with the shipping restrictions weght unit chzn container in front-end. When I (as a vendor) open to add new shipping method and choose for restriction weight, the unit container looks like in attached file (hidden, dropdown ishiidden as well). But if I enter any number, make apply or save everything became normal . (attach file too)..
Thank you in advandce
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
Hello,
Manual shipping plungin.
Issue with the shipping restrictions weght unit chzn container in front-end. When I (as a vendor) open to add new shipping method and choose for restriction weight, the unit container looks like in attached file (hidden, dropdown ishiidden as well). But if I enter any number, make apply or save everything became normal . (attach file too)..
Thank you in advandce
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 days ago #298489
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
Hello,
Is that your template or HikaShop which add the "chosen" library ?
Do you have the usage of chosen dropdowns in your website ?
I cannot provide you a fast fix for that since it requires the addition of some javascript in the views to destroy the chosen dropdowns which would be used to generate the dynamic content.
Regards,
Is that your template or HikaShop which add the "chosen" library ?
Do you have the usage of chosen dropdowns in your website ?
I cannot provide you a fast fix for that since it requires the addition of some javascript in the views to destroy the chosen dropdowns which would be used to generate the dynamic content.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 days ago #298505
by SEKME
Replied by SEKME on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
Hello,
Please see attached file - I supose this parameter shows that hika use chosen library.... "user friendly" in options description lloks important to me.... but user friendly design view is importans as well....
Yes, website have chosen dropdowns (as a custom fields in product page, users shipping addresses, filters)
Can I sent you login details?
Please see attached file - I supose this parameter shows that hika use chosen library.... "user friendly" in options description lloks important to me.... but user friendly design view is importans as well....
Yes, website have chosen dropdowns (as a custom fields in product page, users shipping addresses, filters)
Can I sent you login details?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 days ago #298537
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
Hello,
Don't worry, I do not need any access to your website to reproduce the issue ; I can do it in one of our test website.
What I needed was to understand the nature of the issue with "chosen" ; since it's a library that I do not want to support anymore in HikaMarket (too restrictive, too slow, no real ajax support, no exclusion support, etc).
Joomla 3 added that library in the same time that it added Bootstrap 2 ; for Joomla 4, it's part of the legacy libs.
Regards,
Don't worry, I do not need any access to your website to reproduce the issue ; I can do it in one of our test website.
What I needed was to understand the nature of the issue with "chosen" ; since it's a library that I do not want to support anymore in HikaMarket (too restrictive, too slow, no real ajax support, no exclusion support, etc).
Joomla 3 added that library in the same time that it added Bootstrap 2 ; for Joomla 4, it's part of the legacy libs.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 days ago - 8 years 2 days ago #298555
by SEKME
Replied by SEKME on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
I do not have any "attachents" to use chosen library... I would gladly change it for any better solution, if you could recommend, as I do not have enough knowledge in this. What I need the good looking in front--end and that hika shop and hika market works perfect 
And from your last message I do understand that in future the chosen will be not used (to work good with hikamarket). .so it would be nice to have alternative for this
what would you suggest?
P.S. I tested to do not use Chosen in Hika ... and I got, that in form end all filters with dropdown turned to simple LIST (it is not a disaster), but all characteristics in product page disaapear (it is a disaster :evil: ) Please see attached file)
And from your last message I do understand that in future the chosen will be not used (to work good with hikamarket). .so it would be nice to have alternative for this
what would you suggest?
P.S. I tested to do not use Chosen in Hika ... and I got, that in form end all filters with dropdown turned to simple LIST (it is not a disaster), but all characteristics in product page disaapear (it is a disaster :evil: ) Please see attached file)
Last edit: 8 years 2 days ago by SEKME.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 day ago #298586
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
Hello,
I cannot reproduce your issue since my template specify a width for the select.
The problem is related to the "chosen" library which do not handle hidden select and think they have "0px" width while they have not.
Unfortunately the problem is within Chosen and the solutions to fix that is to remove chosen or specify a min width for your selects.
For example, you can edit the "form" view and after the content
Paste:
I cannot reproduce your issue since my template specify a width for the select.
The problem is related to the "chosen" library which do not handle hidden select and think they have "0px" width while they have not.
Unfortunately the problem is within Chosen and the solutions to fix that is to remove chosen or specify a min width for your selects.
For example, you can edit the "form" view and after the content
Code:
window.hikamarket.dlTitle('hikamarket_plugin_form');
Code:
if(window.jQuery) {
jQuery('#hikamarket_<?php echo $this->type; ?>_restrictions select').each(function(i,el){
var id = el.getAttribute('id'), chzn = null;
if(id) {
id = id.replace('{','_').replace('}','_');
chzn = jQuery('#'+id+'_chzn');
} else {
chzn = el.nextSibling;
}
if(chzn) chzn.remove();
jQuery(el).removeClass('chzn-done').show();
});
}
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 day ago #298612
by SEKME
Replied by SEKME on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
Hello, Jerome,
Looks like I put your given code in right place! :woohoo: Working .... THANK YOU SO MUCH
What would your opinion / recommendations on this for future. Looks like chosen.css is quite problematic thing. Is there alternatives to change chosen.css?
Thank you
Looks like I put your given code in right place! :woohoo: Working .... THANK YOU SO MUCH
What would your opinion / recommendations on this for future. Looks like chosen.css is quite problematic thing. Is there alternatives to change chosen.css?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 16 hours ago #298615
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Manual shipping configuration - restrictions - weight unit chzn container behaiv
Hello,
Chosen is great for "select" with multiple choices but it also contains some bugs which are still in the Joomla version (1.6.2 while latest is 1.8.7).
The common issue is when chosen cannot determine the width of the select (even if the select do have a display width) and result to what you have. By using bootstrap css ; such kind of issue do not happen. That's why most people do not have knowledge of the problem.
Regards,
Chosen is great for "select" with multiple choices but it also contains some bugs which are still in the Joomla version (1.6.2 while latest is 1.8.7).
The common issue is when chosen cannot determine the width of the select (even if the select do have a display width) and result to what you have. By using bootstrap css ; such kind of issue do not happen. That's why most people do not have knowledge of the problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds