- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
How to assign a vendor to a category?
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I want to assign vendors to certain categories. For example:
Category 1 - Fruit Sellers:
vendor 1
vendor 2
Category 2 - Clothing Sellers:
vendor 3
vendor 4
It seems that it is not possible to assign a vendor to a certain category? This is only possible for products?
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
One more thing: I think what it should be, is a "vendor view" in the menu creating part of Joomla.
At the moment, you can create these menus under HIKAMARKET:
- Vendor Control Panel
- Vendor Registration
There should be a possibility for "Vendor Categories" as well...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the HikaMarket configuration (Market options), change the option "Change vendor root category" to "yes".
At this moment, you can select a default root category for your vendors and this option could be override per vendor.
After saving the configuration, you would be able to edit the vendor 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order to change their root category. "Fruit Sellers" for 1 and 2 ; "Clothing Sellers" for 3 and 4.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
this works well. With this configuration, vendors see only their own products. Not the products of other vendors.
However - is there any possibility to restrict, which categories are shown to a vendor?
Each vendor should only see the categories, in which a vendor is allowed to publish products.
At the moment a vendor sees all categories. A vendor can also publish products in categories of other vendors. This will lead to confusion.
Also -imagine a multi vendor shop with dozens of vendors: the selection list will become quite confusing to the vendors as well.
Have a look at the screenshot. This is an example with 3 categories. 2 categories contain 5 different vendors in total:
The ideal solution would be that during the initial vendor set up, one can configure the categories, which a vendor can see, when he is creating a new product...
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is the option "vendor root category".
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/143-hikamar...ml#opt_vendor_chroot
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
yes thats what I have in the settings.
Under HIKAMARKET / CONFIGURATION / MARKET OPTIONS / Change vendor root category: Yes
For the specific vendor under VENDORS / SELLERCHINA1 / Vendor root category: sellerchina1
I still can see the other categories and I can also create a new product in a wrong category, which doesnt belong to the vendor sellerchina1...
Does the Vendor category override work?
Also I am curious, if I could define two different categories as override...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please update your "administrator/com_hikamarket/classes/vendor.php" file and replace
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
I exchanged the code as described, but no change:
Still the vendor can see all other vendor categories. He can also save a new product in other vendor categories.
I even set up a new vendor and a new category to make sure that all category override settings for the new vendor are OK.
Furthermore, something I am noticing:
When a new product is saved, then one is forwarded to the new product detail page.
Shouldnt one be forwarded to the product listing page of the vendor admin panel?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry, it is:
You can edit the product coming from an HikaShop product page (or product listing). At this moment, when you save, it is more logical to redirect the user to the page where he came from.
I will add some rules (depending on where you are coming from) and see if some options would be required to specify the redirection parameters.
In order to be redirected to the HikaMarket product listing where you are coming from it, you can add the indicated line in the view "components/com_hikamarket/views/productmarket/view.html.php"
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
Change 1) now works
Just one more point: Would it be possible to assign more than one category to the vendor override? I have two categories:
a) the standard category for the vendor
b) a special product category, where all vendors can add special products of the day. The products of this category are shown with a separate Joomla menu link.
At the moment, a vendor can add products only to one of the categorie...
Change 2) still the same behaviour. When I add a new product from the vendor admin panel / product listing, then i am forwarded to the product detail page after saving the new product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You have to edit the controller product: "components/com_hikamarket/controllers/product.php" and change the save function
(This modification would be include in the next package).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
Just one more point: Would it be possible to assign more than one category to the vendor override? I have two categories:
a) the standard category for the vendor
b) a special product category on the same level like the vendor categories, where all vendors can add special products of the day. The products of this category are shown with a separate Joomla menu link.
At the moment, a vendor can add products only to one of the categories...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The category selector does not allowed several "root" categories.
It's something which could be implemented but it requires some big modifications in the "shop_category" type.
With the modification, it would be easier to add an option in order to select extra root categories for the selections.
The modification does not only impact the "type", it would impact some HikaMarket algorithms about the vendor rights and permissions.
I have complete the task in the TODO list with your requirements.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theweasel68
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
So in the meanwhile, I will make a workaround and add a special category for each vendor, and then add each of the special categories to the listing view...
EDIT:
Well - just found out that here also it is not possible to add several categories. So I will have to find another work around solution.
Any idea, when this feature could be available?
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I created an issue but I can't give you a precise date. It is something that I want to implement, it's sure but I have got several main (important) tasks to finish in HikaMarket too.
For the moment I am working on the 1.1.1 release, with fixes and little improvements.
www.hikashop.com/fr/hikashop/147-hikamarket-change-log.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.