• Thank you received: 28
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Multisite
1 year 5 months ago #346741

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

Hi,
Relating to this post : www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...d-delivery-site.html i prefer now begin a new post.

I'm currently testing for this project, for vendor display for my food delivery site project.

I created 2 test vendors, and put products in one of the vendors. I've created a vendor listing menu.
I can see my 2 sellers, but when I click on the seller with products, I don't see the products or categories for that seller.

The goal is as follows:
- To have a filter to display the seller based on a zip code (per forum post linked above).
- Display the selected sellers.
- Click on a seller and get to the seller in question with the seller's subcategories and products, like this example on a competitor site :

www.smood.ch/fr/livraison/stores/lausann...ausanne#promo-burger .

As you can see, I see the seller (restaurant) on this page with its products and subcategories.

For the construction of my site, I will create a parent category "Vendors" => "Vendor type" (restaurant / grocery store, etc) => "Vendor name" => "Vendor categories" (Beef burger menu, Chicken burger menu, etc).

How to have the same type of layout as my example url?

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #346743

As I understand it, the display of sellers and the display of categories are 2 different things.

I'm a little confused with this, because I need the 2 to be linked and I don't understand how to do it.

Because in fact, as explained, I need to have parent categories that will be the vendors (restaurants or grocery stores) and subcategories by vendors with their products.

So it's easy to create categories and subcategories, but how to display them according to the ZIP.

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 5 months ago #346758

Hello,

You can see vendor's products using a HikaShop product listing module under the vendor page.
See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...tml#tuto_vendor_page

But you can't mix : vendor page + category browsing + product browsing.
You have to use the HikaShop category listing menu if you want to browse categories and products.
HikaMarket can't add another "step" on it.

Since you can configure HikaMarket to create categories for vendors (where all their products will be added into) ; you can already have a category structure with your vendors and theirs categories.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

1 year 5 months ago #346808

OK, thank you.

Actually, I don't really need to use the vendor display feature. I need to use it mostly for orders and to differentiate between different partners for deliveries.
Nicolas advised me to use the vendor pages to be able to use the ZIP search. I don't know if it is possible to use the ZIP search to display categories? To display the parent categories of the sellers according to a field (here the ZIP)?

Because I'm going to use only the categories for the sellers. There will be no general categories, only specific categories for each seller.

If not, then I have to go through the seller view. But I could also put a link on the seller page to his parent category in the shop.

You must also understand that the sellers will be managed only by the admin site, not by the sellers themselves (they will only have access to their orders). So by setting the automatic creation of seller categories in the admin, it only adds "standard" categories in the seller category menu? I mean, is it the same if I do it manually or does it create some kind of link?

1 year 5 months ago #346810

Or perhaps i can do the inverse, so use only the vendor pages and put the category of vendor with the modules...
Because i see now i can add the module on the vendor page with all the vendor products, sorted by categories. So it will be a nice display for what i want to do.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thefbi.

1 year 5 months ago #346829

Hello,

HikaMarket has a setting in order to redirect the display of HikaShop category listing to the corresponding vendor page (if the category is the vendor root category).
The opposite could be possible ; if you try to display the vendor page, it will redirect you to a special HikaMarket menu for the vendor root category.

You won't have the vendor page (with the vendor image, description and custom fields) but you will have the category page (and its sub modules, for sub categories and sub products).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 year 5 months ago #346843

Hello,
Do you talk about the setting "Link vendor category to vendor page by default" ?
Because this work if i try to go to the category it redirect me to the vendor page.

But sorry, for the inverse, how it should work ? Because i still can go to the vendor page with the module for category. Or i have to change some setting ?

1 year 5 months ago #346887

Hello,

That setting I was talking about was in order to give you an example of what is possible. But indeed it's not what you want in your case and you should not enable that setting.

The inverse should be developed.
It might be via a view override on the vendor page, to look for the vendor's root category and perform a redirect on that category page (using a pre-set Joomla menu).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 year 5 months ago #346901

OK.

I will use for now the vendor view with the categories module under the page. It seem to work well, and make the filter with the ZIP codes.
For now, if i can show all the vendor products sorted by categories in the vendor page it is OK.

If i need more dev, i will come back and tell you to see the possibility (i have to check that with my client).

Regards.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds