Hikashop for food delivery site ?

• Thank you received: 28
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business Hikashop Multisite
1 year 5 months ago #346382

Hi,

I am looking for a food delivery system, such as Just eat. I was wondering if I could make such a site with Hikashop.

The main difficulties would be to find restaurants (either categories or suppliers for Hikashop) that are close to the customer's address.

The other difficulty would be to create menus, in which at the time of the order it would be necessary to choose options such as the drink, the sauces, etc. But i thing it can be done with the options like this example : demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options . With some choice instead of ram, ex. type of beverage (Coca, Fanta, etc). So i can make a burger menu with options for the things of this menu, right ?

Do you think this is feasible with Hikashop?

Because for the rest, it's all about layout and order management.
The customer who orders must be able to enter his address and thus find the restaurants near him. He places his order which is sent to the site manager. The manager sends a courier to pick up the food from the restaurant and delivers it to the customer.

I thing i will have to use the multi-vendor mode. One vendor for each restaurant...

Regards.

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thefbi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 5 months ago #346386

Hi,

Yes, it's possible with HikaShop and HikaMarket. HikaMarket Multivendor comes with several things for what you want:
- you can have a menu item listing your vendors
- you can use the vendor location filter plugin to filter the vendors of the listing based on the list of zip codes they selected/entered in their vendor profile
- you can use the location search module to display an input field for the user to enter his zip code

And yes, you can use options on the products to select sauces and drinks and other things.

1 year 5 months ago #346438

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

I still have a few questions in order to go ahead with this project:
1. It seems to me but I'm not sure if we can lock in the fact that a customer can only order from one vendor at a time, right? A customer should not be able to order from different restaurants on the same order.

2. When a customer places an order, can we send a confirmation email to the admin of the site + to the seller concerned?

3. If the seller is connected to his seller account, in his orders, does it appear directly when an order arrives or does he have to reload the page?
The idea is that the partner restaurants also receive the order at the same time as the delivery company (the admin site). So that they are logged into their vendor account and see the orders, without necessarily using the email to see them.

And finally, in terms of commission distribution, the admin site wants to manage this manually, depending on the amount of business done in the month at the partner restaurant. I imagine that he can manage this on his side and then pay the restaurant as he wishes?

Thank you for your future answers.

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

1 year 5 months ago #346440

1. Yes, you can force that. There is a setting for that in HikaMarket's configuration.

2. Yes, that's what will happen by default.

3. He has to reload the page. However, we've developed this plugin to notify the vendors of new orders dynamically:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/255...er-notification.html
So this plugin is quite nice for food delivery websites.

4. The commission percentage should be configured ahead of time so that when an order is created, the commission fee can be calculated by HikaMarket directly. You can change it whenever, and you can have different comissions for different vendors, etc, but it will only apply to future orders.

1 year 5 months ago #346448

OK thanks.

So for the notification plugin, I understand that it displays a popup, but where does it display this popup? Because the partner restaurant (seller) will not have access to the site admin, only to his seller account in frontend.

For the commissions, (sorry for these questions but as I have not yet finished to configure my first multi-seller site I do not know yet how it works), in fact, the seller would not need to see the commissions / fee on the orders, because the admin of the site will make a manual calculation each month, and the rate of commissions will vary depending on the month.

So we could just not put any commission, so that if it shows up somewhere on the seller's account or invoice, he will see the full price. Then the admin will do the split?

Regards

1 year 5 months ago #346449

Hi,

It will display the popup on the frontend page the vendor has opened regardless of which page he is on your website as long as he is logged in.

If you don't want HikaMarket to display the commission to the vendor then you can not set one yes.

1 year 5 months ago #346457

OK perfect.

Thanks you.

1 year 5 months ago #346459

Hi again,
I would like to do a test with the HikaMarket Vendor User Location Filter plugin, but I can't find any documentation on it. How can I make the seller choose the Zip or cities?

I can see the plugin but if I activate it, nothing happens in the seller profile. Thank you for clarifying this for me.

And for the notification plugin, I imagine that the notification appears only for the seller from who the order was made (+ the admin) but not the other sellers. This seems logical to me but I prefer to be sure.

Regards.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thefbi.

1 year 5 months ago #346463

Hi,

It's a filter plugin so it will do the filtering on a vendor listing.
So first, you want to create a menu item of the type HikaMarket vendors listing via the Joomla menu manager.
And then, you want to create a new instance of the HikaMarket location search module via the Joomla module manager so that the user can enter his zip code.
You will see in the plugin several settings you need to configure like the field to use for the vendors to select / enter their post codes. So you'll have to create a custom field of the table "vendor" via the menu Display>Custom fields. What type and other settings you will use depends on the details of your needs.

And yes, the order notification plugin will of course only notify the vendor of the corresponding sale and not the others.

1 year 5 months ago #346486

OK thank you, i have to test it.

But like that, i be able to create a custom field for the vendor to put many ZIP codes in a vendor profile, so it will show when i searh by the filter in frontend ?

Example : Vendor A, ZIP in admin 1004 / 1005 / 1006 / 1007.
In frontend, if i put 1005, the vendor is showing, right ?

1 year 5 months ago #346489

That's how it is supposed to be.
I would personnally recommand using either a "multiple dropdown" or a "checkbox" type custom field so that you can have a list of post codes the vendors can just select. And there is even an option to allow vendors to add their own post codes in the settings of the custom field if that's something you need.
However, if you use a "textarea" input field, you need to make it clear to the vendors that the post codes need to be separated by a comma (without extra spaces).

1 year 5 months ago #346492

OK,
thank you very much.

1 year 5 months ago #346517

Hello,
My client is ok and I will be able to go ahead with this project, and order Hikashop products. Thanks again for your help.

I still have a request from my client, and I don't know if it's possible to do something. He would like to know if it is possible for restaurants (sellers) to lock the possibility to order according to certain opening hours of the restaurant? So different hours depending on the opening hours of the restaurant.

Regards.

1 year 5 months ago #346518

Hi,

There is a "shop close hours" plugin included in HikaShop. However, this plugin is global to the shop. There is a setting to restrict the hour ranges per categories, and it is possible in HikaMarket to configure it for the products of different vendors to go into different categories, so indirectly, it would be possible to set it up.
However, I feel it will be a bit clunky in your case and it would probably require some development to make it possible to define hour ranges per vendor. And if you want the vendors to be able to define these hours themselves, then it would be more complex and probably require the development of a new plugin specifically for HikaMarket.

1 year 5 months ago #346534

Hi,
Thank you.

Currently (and I think it will stay that way) the configuration of vendors will be managed by the admin site, not by the vendors themselves.

Do you offer this kind of custom configuration in your services?
If so, what would be the cost to be able to "simply" set the order times per vendor?

1 year 5 months ago #346539

Hi,

Yes. We could work on such an option for 200€. It would have to be added to the default plugin as an extra vendor selector option on the screen where you have the options for the shop close plugin.
If you're interested, we can talk about this via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by nicolas.

1 year 5 months ago #346548

OK, i will talk about it with my client and come back in the contact form if needed.

1 year 3 months ago #348098

Hello,

I tested the plugin "shop close hours" and it works on categories. Since I'm only using sellers and redirecting categories to seller pages, it works like this.

However, I see that I can add the products to the cart, and only when I want to finalize my order I get the notification of the times and therefore I can't order.

Ideally for my customer I would not be able to add to cart on a seller that is "closed".

Is it possible to do this? If so, how? With a custom from you?

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by thefbi.

1 year 3 months ago #348100

Hi,

With custom development, it would be possible yes. The best would be to add an extra option to the shop close plugin so that it would plug itself to the add to cart process and run its checks at that point.

1 year 3 months ago #348120

OK,
Can you give me a price for that by email at :

This message contains confidential information

So i can check with my client if ok. But of course we still need to have a alert message to say to the client "the vendor is actually closed from xx to xx".

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds