- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
13 years 11 months ago #73080
by SuzyBGood
Thoughts on that little Info Hover button? was created by SuzyBGood
Howdy,
For one of my menu items I am worried the checkbox won't be too clear but don't want to write anything too long winded.. is there a trick to doing a little info (i) button beside the custom field name so that when we hover over it we can have a little bit on info on what it means?
THANKS!
For one of my menu items I am worried the checkbox won't be too clear but don't want to write anything too long winded.. is there a trick to doing a little info (i) button beside the custom field name so that when we hover over it we can have a little bit on info on what it means?
THANKS!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #73237
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
You can install that extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...ments/tooltips/17548
Then, just add the tooltip tag in the name of the custom field.
However, as you are limited in the number of characters of the name, you should add a translation override for it.
So for example, if the field is called "info", you should add something like that in your translation override in the Language tab of the configuration:
INFO="info {tooltip tag info...}"
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...ments/tooltips/17548
Then, just add the tooltip tag in the name of the custom field.
However, as you are limited in the number of characters of the name, you should add a translation override for it.
So for example, if the field is called "info", you should add something like that in your translation override in the Language tab of the configuration:
INFO="info {tooltip tag info...}"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuzyBGood
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158260
by PeterP
Replied by PeterP on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
I'm new owner of HikaShop and I trying to customize my Product listing page.
I had many needs , one of this is: how I can add Tooltip on hover over custom field data in product_listing.php ?
Now I add Text before, but doesn't look good.
I mean product_genre field.
here is my code.
Also I can't figure out how I can have product_name with ink_to_product_page only, but rest of custom data stay on unlink and in same row or link to custom category page .
I'm doing testing on :
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=587&lang=en
Thank You
I had many needs , one of this is: how I can add Tooltip on hover over custom field data in product_listing.php ?
Now I add Text before, but doesn't look good.
I mean product_genre field.
here is my code.
Code:
<span class="hikashop_product_name">
<?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>"></a>
<?php }
echo $this->row->product_name;
echo "   ";
echo "Genre: ",$this->row->product_genre;
echo "   ";
echo $this->row->link_to_video;
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->row->audio_sample);
if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<?php } ?>
I'm doing testing on :
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=587&lang=en
Thank You
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158287
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
Hi,
Maybe something like:
No ?
Regards,
Maybe something like:
Code:
<?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">
<?php }
echo $this->row->product_name;
if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1))
echo '</a>';
// rest of your code
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158316
by PeterP
Replied by PeterP on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
I did try before and now double check I change again.
but then rest of names is move to next row. 
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=587&lang=en
Code:
<td class="hikashop_product_name_row">
<span class="hikashop_product_name">
<?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">
<?php }
echo $this->row->product_name;
if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1))
echo '</a>';
echo "   ";
echo "Genre: ",$this->row->product_genre;
echo "   ";
echo $this->row->link_to_video;
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->row->audio_sample);
if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<?php } ?>
</span>
<?php if(!empty($this->row->extraData->afterProductName)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->row->extraData->afterProductName); } ?>
</td>
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=587&lang=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158318
by PeterP
Replied by PeterP on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
I think is something with this:
need to do some modification
Code:
<?php if(!empty($this->row->extraData->afterProductName)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->row->extraData->afterProductName); } ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #158320
by PeterP
Replied by PeterP on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
Maybe is the way to set extra columns for Custom Fields including Title on top (inside <thead>) ?
That's was be cool fix.
BTW I willing to use some custom field to include in sorting and filtering.
That's was be cool fix.
BTW I willing to use some custom field to include in sorting and filtering.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by PeterP. Reason: Add line
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #158328
by PeterP
Replied by PeterP on topic Re: Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?
I think I did it. 
I add line in listing_table.php
and then:
Only I need to change <?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?> for something else or remove.
and I need remove link to product page from link to video (not working, no need it)
and change in Genre to link to my Genre Category.
but I doing little step by step.
Nice to have software with many possibility .
I add line in listing_table.php
Code:
</th>
<th class="link_to_video title" align="center">
<?php echo JText::_( 'VIDEO' );?>
</th>
<th class="product_genre title" align="center">
<?php echo JText::_( 'GENRE' );?>
</th>
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?>
<td class="link_to_video_row">
<?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">
<?php }
echo $this->row->link_to_video;
if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
</a>
<?php } ?>
</td>
<?php } ?>
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?>
<td class="product_genre_row">
<?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">
<?php }
echo $this->row->product_genre;
if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?>
</a>
<?php } ?>
</td>
<?php } ?>
Only I need to change <?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?> for something else or remove.
and I need remove link to product page from link to video (not working, no need it)
and change in Genre to link to my Genre Category.
but I doing little step by step.
Nice to have software with many possibility .
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by PeterP. Reason: add picture
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds