- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Force payment method
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 1 month ago #119688
by damianhartin
Force payment method was created by damianhartin
Is there any way I can display only one payment method if a product from a certain category/brand is being purchased?
i.e. I have three payment methods currently setup but one of my brands doesn't allow online sales so I want to display only the 'Collect on Delivery' payment method so I can contact them independently and arrange payment.
Thanks,
Damian
i.e. I have three payment methods currently setup but one of my brands doesn't allow online sales so I want to display only the 'Collect on Delivery' payment method so I can contact them independently and arrange payment.
Thanks,
Damian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 1 month ago #119692
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Force payment method
Hi Damian,
I think that this can be done by restricting your products to a chosen shipping method by using shipping restrictions, and then restricting the display of your payment method to the chosen shipping method by using the "Shipping method" option of your payment configuration page.
Hope this will help you a little.
I think that this can be done by restricting your products to a chosen shipping method by using shipping restrictions, and then restricting the display of your payment method to the chosen shipping method by using the "Shipping method" option of your payment configuration page.
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #119849
by damianhartin
Replied by damianhartin on topic Force payment method
Sorry - where is this set? I cant see any where on the product edit page that I can force a shipping method?Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi Damian,
I think that this can be done by restricting your products to a chosen shipping method by using shipping restrictions
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119869
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Force payment method
There is no option yet to restriction a shipping method to a category of products. That's something that we want to add before the end of the year.
What you can do is use volume/weight restrictions to display payment methods for only some products (with a specific weight/volume). But it's not practical if you have more than a few combinations.
In that case, HikaMarket multivendor will allow to do that since you can set products to vendors and restrict shipping methods to vendors (and thus products).
Form what you're saying, the volume/weight restrictions should do the job.
What you can do is use volume/weight restrictions to display payment methods for only some products (with a specific weight/volume). But it's not practical if you have more than a few combinations.
In that case, HikaMarket multivendor will allow to do that since you can set products to vendors and restrict shipping methods to vendors (and thus products).
Form what you're saying, the volume/weight restrictions should do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds