- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Import multiple characteristics
- boony21030
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 1 month ago #119936
by boony21030
Import multiple characteristics was created by boony21030
I am trying to import for products with 3 variants (characteristics). I looked up the import documentations and cannot understand the explanation:
For example, suppose that you have a product with 1 characteristic being the size and two variants:
product_code,product_parent_id,size
main_product,,big
first_variant,main_product,big
second_variant,main_product,small
Can anyone explain it? Has anyone done this successfully?
For example, suppose that you have a product with 1 characteristic being the size and two variants:
product_code,product_parent_id,size
main_product,,big
first_variant,main_product,big
second_variant,main_product,small
Can anyone explain it? Has anyone done this successfully?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- boony21030
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #119952
by boony21030
Replied by boony21030 on topic Import multiple characteristics
I finally figured it out.. used this import
product_code,product_parent_id,reel-color,rod size
100,0,black,3x
12,100,amber,4x
13,100,clear,4x
336,100,green,5x
But it only updates 1 characteristics... any idea why?
product_code,product_parent_id,reel-color,rod size
100,0,black,3x
12,100,amber,4x
13,100,clear,4x
336,100,green,5x
But it only updates 1 characteristics... any idea why?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119982
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import multiple characteristics
The main product is not a variant. You just need to have the default characteristic selected there. So you're missing a line in your CSV. It should actually be:
product_code,product_parent_id,reel-color,rod size
100,0,black,3x
11,100,black,3x
12,100,amber,4x
13,100,clear,4x
336,100,green,5x
product_code,product_parent_id,reel-color,rod size
100,0,black,3x
11,100,black,3x
12,100,amber,4x
13,100,clear,4x
336,100,green,5x
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190383
by jeaki
Replied by jeaki on topic Import multiple characteristics
I have a problem importing products that have variants. All together, with variants, I have more than 4k products. Whe I import the attached file, the results say i imported the products, but only one displays. any help would be appreciated, as this is getting to be very frustrating
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190392
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import multiple characteristics
Hi,
I invite you to read our documentation regarding the import of CSVs. There is section explaining the import of products with variants:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hikashop-import.html
As explained there, you should have 1 line for the main product and 1 line for each variant (which is not the case in your CSV).
Here is how it should look like for the first product of your CSV:
take.ms/vqoYU
I invite you to read our documentation regarding the import of CSVs. There is section explaining the import of products with variants:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hikashop-import.html
As explained there, you should have 1 line for the main product and 1 line for each variant (which is not the case in your CSV).
Here is how it should look like for the first product of your CSV:
take.ms/vqoYU
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds